design new hardy boys..!!

Started by trixz15, November 17, 2011, 03:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trixz15

what do u guys think....what changes would u wanna c..in nxt hardy boys?
1: give a name
2: different age
3: different gadgets
4: different attitudes? ( make it more dangeorous)
5: leave them da same...y bother changin?
6: other...specify

MacGyver

I'm gonna go with #5 there- leave the classics intact. I like The Hardy Boys as they were originally envisioned- I don't mind a few modern updates here and there- but primarily they are the teenage sons of Fenton Hardy, former NYPD policeman turned private detective- 18-year-old Frank and 17-year-old Joe, who are amateur detectives in their own right. They primarily rely on their wits, personal physical training, detective instincts and each other for mystery-solving. They also stand firm on their beliefs, serving as great role models for kids with strong values and morals. They fight for truth and justice and always make sure criminals are caught and receive their due punishment.
      Like I said, I don't mind some modern updates: i.e. using computers more and more in detective work and other technology- but I don't want them to become so dependent on technology that they forget rudimentary detecting skills. Sometimes there is no replacement for good old-fashioned footwork. They don't need a gazillion gadgets to get the job done- they're not James Bond.  They use what's available and certainly are going to choose the most expedient route (so if that means making use of technology and gadgets available- by all means.) But they also have the resourcefulness of Indiana Jones and MacGyver so they can get by with a lot or with little, no matter the situation.
   I think this is the main challenge the new Hardy Boys series will have to address- keeping the series current to the young readers it's aimed at and balancing that with the traditional framework of the canon that should shape the overall look to the series.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

trixz15

yeah i think keeping hardy boys would be good...but also for age i guess 14-15 would be perfect...and abt gadgets idk its just fun to read and see new gadgets.....well for other part i agree with keepin hardy boys da same...like joe's fun and humorous and frank is smar, responsible and shy!!!;)

Jokerette

actually, in pretty much all the series aside from the UBs, frank is not exactly shy. he's simply not as outgoing or flirty as joe.  :)
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

tomswift2002

Quote from: trixz15 on November 19, 2011, 09:33:00 AM
yeah i think keeping hardy boys would be good...but also for age i guess 14-15 would be perfect...and abt gadgets idk its just fun to read and see new gadgets.....well for other part i agree with keepin hardy boys da same...like joe's fun and humorous and frank is smar, responsible and shy!!!;)

They'd need the boys to be 16 and 17 at the minimum so that Frank and Joe could legally drive their car\van\motorcycles across the US and Canada.  Probably 17 & 18 would be better, since then Joe would be able to have (at least here in Ontario and other provinces\states that have graduated licensing) his G2 that would allow him to drive by himself, but with no alcohol in him (as if we'd see Frank or Joe ask for anything other than coffee, milk or soft drinks)!
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Jokerette

not that drinking coffee at that age is particularly healthy either... ;)
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

trixz15

@ Blitzen: naww......i drink coffee is jst addictin...and @santa claus yeah i guess i agree with dat ppoint

tomswift2002

Quote from: Blitzen on November 20, 2011, 04:34:19 AM
not that drinking coffee at that age is particularly healthy either... ;)

I was drinking coffee when I was 13 years old and other than causing me to grow really tall, it didn't affect me at all (plus I found, and even to this day find, that when I drink coffee it might as well affect me as milk or pop affects me).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Jokerette

still, no addiction is particularly good. at one point i was hooked on, beleive it or not, hot chocolate! i had a cup everyday, and when i didn't, my head ached terribly.

trixz15

exactly guys btw i lyk both of dem.....and @santaclaus dude how old are u?
@blitzen:alsodon'twasteyourtimereadingthis.....trololo ;)

Jokerette

trixz15

-__- oh god, i know dat i waz jus askin for a exact age!!:p

Jokerette

em, like, twenties old. yes, i know...he's ancient. the senility is already kicking in, you see.  ;D

MacGyver

ah yes- the 20s... ancient. One can only imagine what mummified remains remain when one gets to the 70s or 80s....
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Jokerette

dude, at that age, there are no remains. dust man, just dust.