The Hardy's Getting Married?

Started by tomswift2002, August 13, 2011, 09:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I know that on this forum a few times we've wondered, if there ever was a Hardy Boys series that had the Hardy's older than their 16 to 18 years of age in the books, and had the boys marrying Callie Shaw and Iola Morton (or Vanessa Bender), just where would there weddings take place?

Well, here are some, off the road spots, that I think would suit Frank, Joe, Callie, Iola and Vanessa quite well:

http://lifestyle.ca.msn.com/weddings/knb-gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=29591618

Of course, the boys probably wouldn't want Chet, Tony, Biff, Phil or Jerry saying any of these toasts:

http://lifestyle.ca.msn.com/weddings/wedding-toasts-10-worst-wedding-toasts-ever
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Wow- some of those wedding locales would certainly be adventurous enough for the Hardy Boys- lol. ;D
But yeah- those wedding toasts- that was awful. :o
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Jokerette

for those us with lousy internet, can we get a summary?
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

MacGyver

If any of The Hardy Boys books ever did a wedding for Frank to Callie and/or Joe to Iola (or Vanessa, depending on your continuity), etc. - it seems like that would definitely end the series as it would change the whole dynamics of the Hardys' universe...
However, I can't envision that ever really happening anywhere other than fanfiction...

Quotefor those us with lousy internet, can we get a summary?
Um, it was basically a number of weird locales for weddings- in front of the world's largest turkey, underwater (in an aquarium), tree house, ski slopes, hot air balloon, zero-gravity chamber, cave, and bungee jumping.

The toasts were just pretty much really stupid things to say- like comments meant to break up the couple or say how much you hate the bride and/or groom, etc. Really distasteful and bizarre- kinda America's Funniest Home Videos type stuff...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Jokerette

I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

MacGyver

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on September 27, 2011, 02:12:27 PM
If any of The Hardy Boys books ever did a wedding for Frank to Callie and/or Joe to Iola (or Vanessa, depending on your continuity), etc. - it seems like that would definitely end the series as it would change the whole dynamics of the Hardys' universe...

That's what happened when Tom Swift got married. And the series lost it's popularity. 

MacGyver

seriously? whoa- when did Tom Swift get married?

Jokerette

SDLagent

Yeah, in the original Tom Swift Adventures series. The second series, The New Tom Swift Jr. Adventures (and all the following series), starred Tom's son.

Jokerette

MacGyver

oh, okay- duh! I knew that; just didn't make the connection for what you were going for. That certainly is true- I suppose it's just that now I'm so used to thinking of Tom Swift, Jr. before Senior in any case...

Jokerette

tomswift2002

You have to remember that Edward Stratemeyer's original plan for the Hardy Boys series was to have the boys gradually age over the course of the series and that we'd get to see them graduate from high school (which they did in the 1930 volume The Great Airport Mystery), possible go off to college and then get married, just like what had occurred in the previous Stratemeyer series The Rover Boys.  But, after Edward Stratemeyer passed away, his daughter's thought that it would be better to have the boys have perpetual youth.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Jokerette

yeah, and they didn't even have to go on a mysterious quest for the fountain of youth. how lucky can ya get!  ;D