The Hardy Boys airplane

Started by VLoneWolf, November 18, 2012, 10:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLoneWolf

If I am rembering right The Hardy Boys and their Dad have had a single engine and a twin engine.
Does anyone known if they own a jet?

Hardy Sleuth

They don't own a jet in any books I've read so far. :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Well, in the original Grossett & Dunlap books, The Hardys hired Jack Wayne as a charter pilot who would fly them in his plane, the Skyhappy Sal. They may own single engine and twin engine planes, but I'm not sure on that. I'm pretty sure they don't own a jet though.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on November 19, 2012, 09:06:59 AM
Well, in the original Grossett & Dunlap books, The Hardys hired Jack Wayne as a charter pilot who would fly them in his plane, the Skyhappy Sal. They may own single engine and twin engine planes, but I'm not sure on that. I'm pretty sure they don't own a jet though.

Yep, I agree no jet. The Hardys definitely own a plane, which makes appearances in a number of Hardy Boys Mystery Stories. One of my many favorite Hardy books, The Mystery of the Spiral Bridge, notes that their single-engine plane is blue and white. 8) In the Hardy Boys Mystery Stories, both Frank and Joe learn how to fly a plane and then get their pilot's licenses in the series, which is very cool. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

MacGyver

QuoteOne of my many favorite Hardy books, The Mystery of the Spiral Bridge, notes that their single-engine plane is blue and white.  In the Hardy Boys Mystery Stories, both Frank and Joe learn how to fly a plane and then get their pilot's licenses in the series, which is very cool. 
- Okay, yeah- I vaguely recall that now. The Mystery of the Spiral Bridge is one of my favorites too- I seem to recall wondering why The Hardy Boys had their own plane when they already had Jack Wayne at the ready to fly them places? I did know that Frank and Joe both get their pilot's licenses though. I do believe there is a scene with them flying and working on that in the start of The Ghost At Skeleton Rock.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on November 19, 2012, 03:50:38 PM
- Okay, yeah- I vaguely recall that now. The Mystery of the Spiral Bridge is one of my favorites too- I seem to recall wondering why The Hardy Boys had their own plane when they already had Jack Wayne at the ready to fly them places? I did know that Frank and Joe both get their pilot's licenses though. I do believe there is a scene with them flying and working on that in the start of The Ghost At Skeleton Rock.

Yep, Jack Wayne was giving them flying lessons in The Ghost at Skeleton Rock. 8) He's also a really cool character. 8) It would definitely be more convenient and very helpful (even life-saving) at times to know how to fly a plane themselves, in case Jack was busy, and especially with the situations the Hardy brothers are often in. :)

VLoneWolf

The Ghost At Skeleton Rock is one of my favorites.   I like how the planes and helicopters Frank and Joe use or ride in let them get in or out somties like they are spies or commados.

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: VLoneWolf on November 19, 2012, 06:00:30 PM
The Ghost At Skeleton Rock is one of my favorites.   I like how the planes and helicopters Frank and Joe use or ride in let them get in or out somties like they are spies or commados.

8) That's one of my favorites, too! 8) A lot of danger and excitement in that book! 8) Oh yeah, I totally agree - very cool - I like the way they do that, too!!! Frank and Joe do a great job with their skills. 8)

MacGyver

I particularly like The Ghost at Skeleton Rock because it does have a lot of danger and excitement, as well as a particularly good mystery. It was interesting how Chet's hobby of the moment became a big help in Frank and Joe's case in that book.

VLoneWolf

:)I have alwasys whated to known how Chet threw his voice.  Thanks to the Hardy Boys I have alwasys whated to fly a plane. not sololy them but you get the idear

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on November 20, 2012, 08:31:31 AMI particularly like The Ghost at Skeleton Rock because it does have a lot of danger and excitement, as well as a particularly good mystery. It was interesting how Chet's hobby of the moment became a big help in Frank and Joe's case in that book.

Exactly, very edge-of-your-seat! 8) Action, intriguing mystery - requirements to be on my favorites list! So true, Chet's hobby in this one is really cool. ;D

Quote from: VLoneWolf on November 20, 2012, 04:50:51 PM:)I have alwasys whated to known how Chet threw his voice.  Thanks to the Hardy Boys I have alwasys whated to fly a plane. not sololy them but you get the idear

A really fascinating talent. 8) And flying a plane must be so cool, I like thinking about that. I would love to fly a plane and do tricks! ;D Yep. :)

MacGyver

Yeah, flying a plane would definitely be cool. Reading scenes like these and watching Frank and Joe fly a plane on episodes of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries certainly pique my interest.

Hardy Sleuth

Hey, talking airplanes and about Chet and his hobbies, in #22 The Flickering Torch Mystery, he works on building a plane. 8)

MacGyver

Now that would be really cool! :) 8)

VLoneWolf

I would really like to fly a plane.    Happy Thanksgiving.