False Alarm

Started by Bigfootman, February 18, 2009, 07:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

Here's my review of False Alarm:

A new tag team of brothers is in town, and they are even stealing the Hardy's girlfreinds. However, the Hardy's have bigger problems. An alarm syistem has been going off for no reason, driving their dad crazy. What is the connections between the new comer's robots and the false alarms?

I'm going to say the one bad thing now: there is very little action. The few fights are short.

However, unlike some of the other books with no action, this one is quite good. You should read this book, at first I thought I wouldn't like it, but I did. I won't tell anymore, so read the book.

Pros:
-Awsome ending
-Awsome writing
Cons:
-Not so awsome fight scenes

Rating:

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

I remember reading it back in like 2001.  I remember that there was something about a science fair, and a new brother team was competing for Callie and Vanessa's affections.  Other than that, I don't remember much.  But I did think that the cover was one of the top covers of the last 50 or so books in the series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 18, 2009, 07:05:41 PM
I remember reading it back in like 2001.  I remember that there was something about a science fair, and a new brother team was competing for Callie and Vanessa's affections.  Other than that, I don't remember much.  But I did think that the cover was one of the top covers of the last 50 or so books in the series.

You should re-read it, it was awsome!

Most Recent Post:

Lola

I remember reading this one and not liking how Callie and Vanessa treated Joe and Frank. I mean Callie and Frank are supposed to have dated for a long time. I can kind of understand Vanessa flirting and liking the other guy since she and Joe hadn't dated that long.

NZone

This book was ghost-written by David Bischoff. According to a Facebook post he made, "I did a MegaBooks Hardy Boys too. FALSE ALARM. Don't remember too much about it, except how thrilled I was to have done one as I read all the old ones as a kid."

Bischoff died on March 19, 2018. The cause was complications from liver disease, said his former wife, Martha Bayless.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Bigfootman

Quote from: NZone on May 12, 2021, 04:41:05 PM
This book was ghost-written by David Bischoff. According to a Facebook post he made, "I did a MegaBooks Hardy Boys too. FALSE ALARM. Don't remember too much about it, except how thrilled I was to have done one as I read all the old ones as a kid."

Bischoff died on March 19, 2018. The cause was complications from liver disease, said his former wife, Martha Bayless.
Cool! Thanks for the info!

Most Recent Post: