how is Line of Fire...*plz no spoilers*

Started by P. Walker, April 14, 2012, 10:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P. Walker

my copy of line of fire came in today along with  the number file and hostages of hate. the back blurb sounds really really good but i cant read it yet cos im due to start deathgame soon and i wanna read them in order. so is it as good as the back synopsis makes it out to be?

MacGyver

I think it's pretty awesome- but I haven't read it in a while. But then again, I think all of The Hardy Boys Casefiles are pretty awesome! :)
(And just so you know- though it is a cool and noble goal to read all the books in order, there are not many cases where they absolutely need to be read in order in order to understand an ongoing plotline or anything- although there are a few cases such like that...)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

P. Walker

Quote from: MacGyver on April 15, 2012, 10:47:28 AM
I think it's pretty awesome- but I haven't read it in a while. But then again, I think all of The Hardy Boys Casefiles are pretty awesome! :)
(And just so you know- though it is a cool and noble goal to read all the books in order, there are not many cases where they absolutely need to be read in order in order to understand an ongoing plotline or anything- although there are a few cases such like that...)
yup i now. but when it comes to series, I like to read them in order even if they have stand-alone plots. just a crazy quirk of mine :)

tomswift2002

Have you read "See No Evil" yet?  You might want to read that before "Line of Fire".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

AlwaysAJoefan

I've never read that one. :(

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on April 15, 2012, 09:26:16 PM
Have you read "See No Evil" yet?  You might want to read that before "Line of Fire".

See No Evil is pretty good. :)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

P. Walker

i remember liking See No Evil...just havent read it in ages. i thought Lisa was pretty cool

tomswift2002

You might want to re-read See No Evil then, because See No Evil, Line Of Fire & Beyond The Law make up what is known in Hardy boys fan circles the Bayport Corruption Trilogy/Storyline.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

P. Walker

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on April 16, 2012, 05:07:29 PM
You might want to re-read See No Evil then, because See No Evil, Line Of Fire & Beyond The Law make up what is known in Hardy boys fan circles the Bayport Corruption Trilogy/Storyline.

Gotcha :) Im actually waiting for that one to come in the mail...just finished the way-better-than-I-remember "Deathgame" on Sunday night. Awesome awesome book!

P. Walker

just finished up Line of Fire. pretty good book. Since I've been reading them in order, the only two mis-steps have been Edge of Destruction--which really isnt that bad, just average--and the horribly boring Borgia Dagger, so boring that I got to chapter 8 or 9 and stopped reading it.

MacGyver

You didn't finish The Borgia Dagger? Granted, it's been a long time since I read it, but I don't recall it being that bad.  Oh well, I know everyone has different tastes though...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"