Graphic Novels Done?

Started by SkyWarp, May 03, 2011, 12:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

The Nancy Drew Clue Crew graphic novel is now listed on Amazon.com
Both the usual hardback and paperback copy will be available ($10.99 and $6.99, respectively) and released on October 30, 2012.
Here's the product details Amazon.com lists:
Reading level: Ages 8 and up

Paperback: 64 pages
Publisher: Papercutz (October 30, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1597073547
ISBN-13: 978-1597073547

No description of the title yet though.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

I wondered the same thing when I saw about the new Nancy Drew graphic novels, whether or not Papercutz would be having more graphic novels of the Hardy Boys like previous ones or start another series with the Secret Files. I really like almost all of the Hardy Boys graphic novels.  8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Thus far, I think I like the Graphic Novels better than the Undercover Brothers book series. I think it may well be the best representation of the UB continuity for the Hardy Boys.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on March 29, 2012, 12:09:08 AM
Thus far, I think I like the Graphic Novels better than the Undercover Brothers book series. I think it may well be the best representation of the UB continuity for the Hardy Boys.

I like the well-done graphic novels best in the UB series, too. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on March 29, 2012, 12:09:08 AM

Agreed.

Hardy Sleuth

SkyWarp

Official word from Papercuts today on the Hardy Boys graphic novels via Michael Petranek......

"Right now there is nothing in the works for HARDY BOYS, but again, that doesn't mean there won't be in the future."

SDLagent

Quote from: SkyWarp on June 07, 2012, 05:20:04 PM
Official word from Papercuts today on the Hardy Boys graphic novels via Michael Petranek......

"Right now there is nothing in the works for HARDY BOYS, but again, that doesn't mean there won't be in the future."

Good to know. Thanks for looking into this.

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: SkyWarp on June 07, 2012, 05:20:04 PM

Sounds hopeful, thanks, SkyWarp. :) And hopefully that isn't just wishful thinking on my part. Maybe they will start the graphic novels again sometime after the new series begins. :)

SkyWarp

My take from the email and some additional comments I received (take with salt as its an interpretation of tone in text) is that there is no plans whatsoever to start graphic novels back up.  They are just leaving open the door in case they may ever change their minds (which I do not think they will without some HUGE reason they think they will bring in tons of money).

MacGyver

SkyWarp's assessment is pretty much what I was feeling on this too. But at least The Hardy Boys have had a good run in graphic novels now. And the door isn't totally shut for more outings- but I do agree that it seems unlikely for the near future, unless they have a really good reason to start back up again.

Hardy Sleuth

I think an excellent reason for Papercutz to have Hardy Boys graphic novels is because they want to have really cool graphic novels. 8)

MacGyver

Hardy Sleuth