HBs as a Teaching Tool

Started by hardygirl847, December 10, 2010, 01:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

As an educator, I found this little gem awesome!

Here is a file .pdf file of a lesson plan/teacher's guide for The Hardy Boys The Secret of the Soldier?s Gold!

Includes comprehension questions, etc.

Yay for someone using HBs are a learning tool!

Check it out here... http://www.masslive.com/sites/nie/hardyboys.pdf
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Very cool! Anything that will get kids interested, certainly including The Hardy Boys, can be used to aid in education. Good deal. 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I thought so too. Plus, I would so be the teacher that would try to correlate the HBs in a lesson! I guess that's kind of imposing my personal interests...but spurring a desire to reading isn't a bad thing, right? :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

English teachers already impose their personal preferences to some degree in choosing which books they will teach. (Though I'm sure they're limited to a list to choose from.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

True. Depending on the state curriculum, a teacher could have influence over certain choices or what they emphasize on a particular subject/book.

Olivia

That is really cool, especially because that's my fav Digest from the few I've read.

My dad's a retired teacher and back in the day he used to read the Hardy Boys books to his class in the '70's (he has taught from grade 1 to 10, but most of the time grade 5). Ironically, I discovered HBs on my own -- he never mentioned it to me.

hardygirl847