The Mysterious Case of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys

Started by hardygirl847, April 17, 2010, 02:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

I will post what I have as doubles as soon as I get all of my boxes. We can go from there. Spencer, I can't believe you don't have a lot of Casefiles! They are my FAVORITE! :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Well, Casefiles are a lot harder to find then Original Series books. Where I live, anyway.

Olivia

I've read that book two times (1998 version). I actually own the updated version (from 2007) which isn't too different.

It's not a trivia book or a basis for giving summaries on titles, etc. It may give some interesting info, but otherwise...

The point of the book is to show what Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys mean in pop culture through the years: not too much more or less.

For instance, it explains how both series reflect certain ideologies, and speculates why the books attracted many faithful readers decade after decade.

It's very well-researched and organized for what it is. I actually used it for a University paper.

tomswift2002

I thought the 2007 edition was just a reprint of the 1998 version, since I had seen it reappear on some book store websites but there was no mention of it being updated.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

I don't have it with me right now for reference, but I think I remember near the end of the book there being a mention of the Nancy Drew movie with Emma Roberts. If my memory is right, it's probably like 98-99% the same.

MacGyver

Ah- that figures. Cool to know it's probably still in print then.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

But if its only 1 or 2 paragraph's/articles about the 2007 movie then its not really worth spending another $20 dollars or so to get the book when you already have the 1997 edition.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

hardygirl847

I finally got all of my winnings. :) I haven't decided how much I am asking but it might depend on how many you want. And of course there is shipping. :)

PM me for info and to work out the details.

Doubles for Sale
Casefiles
1 Dead on target
2 Evil, inc.
7 Deathgame
14 Too many traitors
17 The number file
24 Scene of the crime
25 The borderline case
30 The deadliest dare
32 Blood money
33 Collision Course
34 Final cut
35 The dead season
36 Running on empty
42 The last laugh
75 No way out
79 Danger Unlimited
84 False alarm
92 Sabotage at sea
97 Pure evil

Digests
159 Daredevils
164 Skin and bones

Hardy boys Originals
(Flashlight Editions)
2 The house on the cliff
11 While the clock ticked

Nancy drew Originals:
1 The secret of the old clock

MacGyver

I'm good on those titles. But hook SDLAgent up with some Casefiles. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847