The Mysterious Case of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys

Started by hardygirl847, April 17, 2010, 02:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Has anyone read The Mysterious Case of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys? What did you think of it?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

NancyDrew

Quote from: hardygirl847 on April 17, 2010, 02:17:32 PM
Has anyone read The Mysterious Case of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys? What did you think of it?

I have. I hated it. It has some good factual information like Joe's shoe size, etc. But I think the characterizations at time are not accurate and are based upon the authors' opinions. If you read it, just read for the trivia not neccessarily anything else. :)

SDLagent

I haven't read it but I've heard it's one of the worst The Hardy Boys reference books.

hardygirl847

I guess that's why it was only a $1.00. LOL Thanks for the info. I won't even be supporting the book by buying it. The trivia sounds interesting but oh well.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

I've had the book since 1998.  I've never read all the way through it, but I must say that it is interesting how the authors managed to get some different covers of the Hardy Boys books from other countries such as Germany.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Haven't read this one myself, but I've also heard the negative reviews. But hey- international book covers for The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew should definitely score it a few points for the positive anyway.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I suppose you have a point about a positive being different covers from other countries. I just won 55 books on ebay so I think I will wait on that one. LOL

SDLagent

MacGyver

Whoa- 55 books in one auction? Or 55 separate auctions? (That's a lot of bidding!)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

A lot of times on Ebay you will see people post large collections of books for different series or even mixed lots.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Epic? lol More like OOPS. I bid on 3 separate auctions. One was for 5 books, one was for 10, and one was for 40. I didn't really mean to win all three but alas...I did. Anyone interested in my doubles? :) (Once I sort them all out, that is)

SDLagent

Oh, I thought you meant won them as in free.

I might be interested in doubles...

hardygirl847

Lol no won the auction. Yeah definitely not free. Most of the doubles will be Casefiles I think and maybe a few randoms. I haven't received them yet so I will let you know since you're interested. :)

MacGyver

I'm pretty much good on Casefiles, but I might be interested in any other doubles you have.

SDLagent