Hardy Boys Adventures #4 Into Thin Air

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2013, 09:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLoneWolf

It sounds like a good idea to include classic stuff in the book covers

tomswift2002

The cover for Thin Air has been reminding of the 1993 Armada cover of "The Secret Of The Old Mill".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

It also looks reminiscent of The Demolition Mission and The Lure of the Italian Treasure (#112 and #157 in the original series, respectively). But it's mainly just that scenario of the Hardy Boys being run off the road- that part is classic Hardy Boys adventure and mystery to me- I know I've read that happening a large number of times throughout the various series......
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Judah-Ben-Hur

I've guessing by the looks of it that the box set is just paperbacks...  :P
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

Probably so... but it's possible there could be a hardback box set put out too....

Lungbarrow

The Simon and Schuster website only mentions the box set as being available in paperback at the moment.
--
-PjH.
--

Judah-Ben-Hur

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

Ah- there's the official word then. Oh well- a paperback boxed set is still nice too. But I guess if you strictly wanted a hardback set, yeah- that's too bad. I know Simon & Schuster has done a boxed set in recent years of the first few Grossett & Dunlap titles (i.e. The Tower Treasure through The Shore Road Mystery I believe, all revised text of course. I'm pretty sure Applewood put out a boxed set of hardbacks with perhaps that same listing of titles or maybe it was a few more and those are the original text reprints at that!)
      I'm thinking maybe there was a set like this done for the Wanderer hardbacks?.......

Judah-Ben-Hur

Wanderer did Paperback box sets (not unlike the ones UB/GD did) for both Nancy Drew and the Hardys but I've never seen an example in hardback. I was under the impression the hardbacks were sold similarly in the same fashion the current series is (special order/library only).

tomswift2002

The box sets for the first six hardcover books have been put out by Grosset & Dunlap with little to no input from Simon & Schuster.  As far as I'm aware, as long as G&D don't touch the covers or story, S&S couldn't care less how the books are sold.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Judah-Ben-Hur

That's probably why the Flashlight book haven't changed in appearance since they removed those ugly amulet endpapers since the late 80s. S&S would have to approve any big changes or special works. That doesn't mean it won't happen, publishing digests under the flashlight binding, The double volume sets, the 'BEST OF' 3-in-1 sets from a few years back, the brief change of cover texture on flashlights, and Old Clock's usual anniversary editions are all new changes within the last 10 years.

SkyWarp

I notice my "Into Thin Air" book mistakenly says that the first Aladdin paperback edition was October 2103 (instead of 2013). Everyone else's say the same thing?

MacGyver

Whoa! This is heavy, Doc! :)  8)
Lol- haven't seen that. I haven't bought a copy yet- maybe I will do that today. Maybe I can also get a copy Doc Brown and Marty McFly brought back from the future!   ;D

tomswift2002

My copies of both hardcover and paperback are still on order.