The Big Lie - #2 and #3

Started by SkyWarp, March 21, 2017, 10:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

Although the Hardy Boys books publishing schedule has become very slow recently (only 4 new books scheduled for release in 2017),  Dynamite Entertainment is now filling those gaps with a monthly comic.  Issue #1 of The Big Lie, featuring Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys (along with Tom Swift and the Bobbsey Twins) came out this month.  April and May will follow up with issues 2 and 3.  You can view variant covers by clicking on each of the images above. 

If you plan to get this title in traditional paper form, make sure you go to your local comic book store and ask for it ASAP.  Comics and Books do not sell the same way.   If you want a particular cover, you had better beg your local comic store, because not all will be readily available and may require the purchase of 10-50 additional copies.

MacGyver

Good word about the comic books- definitely ask in advance for particular covers. Thanks for posting the cover art for all three.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

goldie3

I read the authors interview, and it seems he's a bigger fan of Nancy drew than by the boys. Nothing wrong with that, just that makes me fearful for how he will present the boys. Already, Frank seemed a bit too cutesy looking in the series, when I usually visualized him as the more serious looking. And he's not a smartass!! He's someone who thinks before he speaks. Not too info on Joe, but not too hopeful

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: goldie3 on March 24, 2017, 03:19:48 AM
I read the authors interview, and it seems he's a bigger fan of Nancy drew than by the boys. Nothing wrong with that, just that makes me fearful for how he will present the boys. Already, Frank seemed a bit too cutesy looking in the series, when I usually visualized him as the more serious looking. And he's not a smartass!! He's someone who thinks before he speaks. Not too info on Joe, but not too hopeful

Nancy Drew don't show up until the end of the first issue of the Big Lie, I don't know how much she'll be in it to be honest.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Well it looks like book two centres on Nancy Drew...fun. It's out on kindle now. Just read it.

tomswift2002

I just got the paper edition of #2 in the mail today.  Nancy Drew plays a much bigger role in this story, plus we've got a twist on another Stratemeyer Syndicate property from years ago.  The Rover Boys.  But, from what I know of the Rover Boys series (which saw its last volume come out in 1926, and the series has been dead since then, aside from some reprints, especially since, aside from volumes 27-30, the rest of the series is in the public domain), while one character is named Sam, there was no Ricky or Teo.  The original Rover boys were Tom, Sam and Dick, while their children's names (as the series switched to their kids with Volume 21) were Fred, Jack, Andy & Randy.  I can understand why in the 21st century no one would want to use the name "Dick", and Dick was used as a short-form of Richard, so I can see where Ricki comes from.  But Teo? 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Nice to hear The Rover Boys got some kind of mention. Maybe Teo is supposed to be Theo? Short for Theodore?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"