#18 The Vanishing Room

Started by tomswift2002, June 10, 2018, 03:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

He's not merely jealous boyfriend, this guy is bordering abusive/stalker-ish, IMO.

MacGyver

I'm sorry to hear the trend of allowing profanity in The Hardy Boys books continues. I don't think Edward Stratemeyer or Harriett Adams would have ever approved of that. :(
  This is one main reason why I've (sadly) pretty much given up on newer Hardy Boys books and why I sold my entire set of Undercover Brothers books and will probably do the same with the Adventures books eventually when it comes to the end of its run. (Which I get the feeling may be soon.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

They don't drop f-bombs, but in "The Disappearance" there must've been at least 20 OMG's.

Another interesting thing I noticed, but the figure in the window seems to be a woman late in life.  If you notice the figure seems to have that "granny" hairstyle, and yet in the book there is no old lady in what appears to be a hotel., and (as of Chapter 11) the Hardy's are never on a ledge. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

I'll have more of my thoughts on this in a Blog post (yes it's still being worked on), but this book is terrible. I thought the plot sounded interesting, so I gave the series another chance. I've never had to skim and skip chapters of a Hardy Boys book to finish it, not even with books like "Poison Paradise" and "Rocky Road". Also, while "The Mad Man of Black Bear Mountain" managed to deal with the fact that the Hardys aren't allowed punches just fine, this book has an old lady hold off Frank and Joe by throwing fruit. I'm hesitating on calling it the worst Hardy Boys book I've ever read (Been a while since I've read "Survival of the Fittest", so can't compare), but it's definitely close.Not going to give this book a rating since I skipped a few chapters out of boredom, but if I hadn't, it would definitely be a one out of ten.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?