The Hardy Boys - S3E8 - A Wild Ride

Started by SkyWarp, August 09, 2023, 01:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

We have a final ending and with it some conclusions to the entire three seasons.  The last episode wasn't my favorite of the series, but it wasn't bad.  The middle of this season had two really good episodes that were perhaps two of the best of the entire three seasons.  And this one didn't quite reach that same level, but it is satisfying to finally reach the end.

There are a couple minor "cliffhangers".  One perhaps just an open ended hint at maybe the story could go on, and another that is more of a joke turned into an actual story potential. 

Now I have to go back and retcon all the entries I made that got retconned in the show. 

MAJOR SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!

So I believe Fenton was last in the conscious world in Season 2 Episode 6 when he is gassed at the hotel?  So every scene with him in it after that (until he gets out of the VR world) is just made up in his own head.  That removes a LOT of characters from actually appearing in later episodes.  But rather just in Fenton's imagination brought on by Drew's invention. 

But one part I am not quite clear on is Agent Driscoll.  Was he or was he not shot by Olivia?  And if he was, how did he survive?  Was that arm sling when he is waking up suppose to mean he survived the gun shot? 

There were so many twists and turns I think I have missed a few things or gotten them confused. 

Oh, and one more question.  Did Drew basically invent the Internet?

MacGyver

I watched this episode last night. I will try to offer a few comments without ruining any surprises. There is finally a satisfying conclusion to the mystery that had been running over the course of three seasons! I think my favourite part is just seeing The Hardy Boys and their chums together. There is also great use of another great '80s song from a great Canadian rock band- Tom Sawyer by Rush.
Also, be sure to listen at the end for a direct quote from The Sting of the Scorpion.
    Overall, this was a great end to the series but it again left me wanting more! I hope the show and network might reconsider and keep it running longer. My main complaints are the sexual immorality on display and foul language. If those things were taken out, this would be a great show for all of the family to watch.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"