Clue Book #7- The Pirate Ghost

Started by Bigfootman, June 06, 2017, 04:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

http://www.simonandschuster.com/books/The-Pirate-Ghost/Franklin-W-Dixon/Hardy-Boys-Clue-Book/9781481488723
"Detective brothers Frank and Joe work to uncover a pirate ghost hoax in the seventh book in the interactive Hardy Boys Clue Book series.

The Hardy Boys are super excited when their friend Jason Wang wins the "Talk Like a Pirate Contest" at Bayport's annual Pirate Palooza. Jason's prize is a map to the legendary pirate, Captain Scurvydog's buried treasure. Expert detectives Frank and Joe offer to help him find it.

But the next day, Jason tells the brothers that he won't be doing any treasure hunting. He says the ghost of Captain Scurvydog has been haunting him; his parrot is singing pirate songs he's never been taught, pirate coins appeared on his windowsill, and there's a mysterious note in a bottle warning Jason to stay away from buried treasure. To Jason, the message is clear: stay away from Captain Scurvydog's booty! Frank and Joe don't believe in ghosts. They're sure someone is tricking Jason so they can dig up the buried treasure themselves. The only question is, who?"

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Eventually I'll probably get the first book in this series to give it a read.... but it hasn't been a big priority. It doesn't seem like the Clue Book series is really any different from the Secret Files.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/the-pirate-ghost/9781481488723-item.html?ikwsec=Books&ikwidx=2

Chapters.ca has the cover art for The Pirate's Ghost.  The book releases April 3, 2018 (the day after the Easter weekend).

Seems like there is a new illustrator for this book. Santy Gutierrez.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

Plot:  Bayport is holding a Pirate speaking contest. Who can go "Arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh ye matee's" the best?  However someone is trying to scare the Hardy's friend, Jason Wang, into not claiming the prize. 

Review:  I found that this story, while it works really well as a Clue Book, I could've seen S&S trying to pass if off as an Undercover Brothers or Adventure story.  But as a Clue Book it works really well, and as a Grade 2 reader and remembering that it was a Grade 2 reader, I really enjoyed it. 

It was nice to see some of the Hardy's old friends like Chet Morton, Iola Morton and Phil Cohen show up in this book.  Why they've only been relegated to the Clue Book's and Secret Files, I don't know, since , while Chet has appeared in the Adventures & Undercover Brothers, Iola I can only recall appearing in Murder at the Mall (way back in July 2007!).  And Phil Cohen---did he appear in The Secret of the Red Arrow

Rating: 3 out of 5
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca