10 years ago, what were your favorite 1997 printings?

Started by tomswift2002, September 25, 2007, 06:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What were your top 6  favorite books that were published in 1997 from any of the series?

The Viking's Revenge (Casefiles)
1 (33.3%)
The Karate Clue (Clues Brothers)
1 (33.3%)
First Day, Worst Day (Clues Brothers)
1 (33.3%)
Lost In Gator Swamp (Digest)
0 (0%)
The Giant Rat Of Sumatra (Digest)
2 (66.7%)
The Secret Of Skeleton Reef (Digest)
0 (0%)
Terror At High Tide (Digest)
0 (0%)
The Mark of The Blue Tattoo (Digest)
0 (0%)
Trial And Terror (Digest)
2 (66.7%)
Nightmare In New Orleans (Supermystery '88)
1 (33.3%)
Out Of Control (Supermystery '88)
1 (33.3%)
Exhibition of Evil (Supermystery '88)
1 (33.3%)
At All Costs (Supermystery '88)
0 (0%)
Royal Revenge (Supermystery '88)
2 (66.7%)
The Emperor's Shield (Casefiles)
0 (0%)
Survival Of The Fittest (Casefiles)
1 (33.3%)
Absolute Zero (Casefiles)
0 (0%)
River Rats (Casefiles)
0 (0%)
High-Wire Act (Casefiles)
0 (0%)
The Viking's Revenge (Casefiles)
0 (0%)
Stress Point (Casefiles)
1 (33.3%)
Fire In The Sky (Casefiles)
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: December 04, 2007, 05:52:26 PM

tomswift2002

10 years ago this month (September 1997), Frank And Joe Hardy: The Clues Brothers was just starting; after a 10-year run the Hardy Boys Casefiles were winding down, along with the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermysteries '88 aftera 9-year run, and the Digests were still going strong, but were leaving people to wonder whether the series could continue. 

Now, ten years later, I'm curious, what were your 6 favorite books from 1997?  Were they all from the Casefiles, or did you have a favorite in the Clues Brothers, or did the romantic intrigue of the Supermysteries '88 have you wishing that Simon & Schuster was not going to cancel the series in April of 1998?  Or, did you find that 1997 was the strongest year yet for the Digest series since 1985?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

Personally, from 1997, I like Gross Ghost, Giant Rat, Trial and Terror, Nightmare In New Orleans, Royal Revenge & Stress Point.  Even though I haven't read Stress Point since it came out, one thing from the book that sticks in my mind, and has got to be one of those really strong writing moments from authors, is when the author describes how the building, after being hit by the winds, bends over downtown New York, and looks like a giant finger bent as though to touch a button.  That was probably one of the most powerful scenes in any Hardy Boys book ever written.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Centrion

I liked Trial and Terror, Karate Clue, Royal Revenge, and 1st day worst day. Royal Revenge was a pretty good ND HB book, with some of Nancy's friends. I like Karate Clue because the Hardys did take Karate when they grew up. Trial and Terror was a great book, but I read it a few years ago. 1st day Worst day was interesting to see how the Hardys veiwed school and if they had a class bully.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

This poll still has a month and a half to go.  Vote now.

tomswift2002

White Eagle

A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!