What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?

Started by MacGyver, March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

Quote from: MacGyver on September 12, 2016, 06:37:16 AM
Wow- that can't be right. I bought that book when it released and I'm pretty sure it didn't cost quite that much. I hope that's a typo and not the current price for Hardy Boys books.

It was selling brand new on Amazon for 5.99 (via amazon, not there marketplace), but the back of the book says 9.99.   And the book is taller than the rest of the books.  That doesn't make much sense either.  And the paper is different than the rest too. 

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

I'd love to get Hardy Boys Adventures Showdown at Widow Creek in paperback or hardcover, I've read it and it's excellent. 8) ;D Definitely a read again type book. Good writing of adventure and intensity. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Good to hear a good review for the Adventures books. Eventually I'll delve into that series..... ;D 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

VLoneWolf

MacGyver

VLoneWolf

MacGyver

Oh yeah- sometimes you can find a lot of great books at thrift stores. I've run across a couple of Hardy Boys Casefiles and other series here and there (I don't know that I've seen 34 or so at once though... that's a really good find!)

tomswift2002

Quote from: SkyWarp on September 10, 2016, 11:11:49 PM
#160 A Game Called Chaos

The price on the back of the book says $9.95 ($11.99 CA).   That sounds awfully expensive for a paperback. 

A few years ago (about 2010), for some reason it was reprinted and available on S&S's website for that price.  No one could find it in stores, but I remember someone ordered it and said it felt like it had been printed on heavier paper stock than normal, hence the more expensive price.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on September 20, 2016, 09:07:06 PM
A few years ago (about 2010), for some reason it was reprinted and available on S&S's website for that price.  No one could find it in stores, but I remember someone ordered it and said it felt like it had been printed on heavier paper stock than normal, hence the more expensive price.

I just got two more books with this same increased price, taller shape, and heavier paper.  The price I actually paid for it was not the 8.95 and 9.95 that the back covers show. 

This time the books are
#162) The End of the Trail
#168) The Castle Conundrum

MacGyver

Nice! I feel like I may have one of the Digest reprints like that that you're talking about here...but I'd have to check. Or wait- maybe I'm thinking of the Casefiles? It seems they did something similar with those books too- mainly for #95 Illegal Procedure?

tomswift2002

Back in 2002 both "Dead On Target" and "Illegal Procedure" we're accidentally reprinted with each reprint having only about 3,000 copies made.  Both books were taller than the normal Casefile, while DOT was reprinted under the Simon Pulse brand.  .
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

I found Casefile #72 Screamers at a library used book sale last week.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

QuoteBack in 2002 both "Dead On Target" and "Illegal Procedure" we're accidentally reprinted with each reprint having only about 3,000 copies made.  Both books were taller than the normal Casefile, while DOT was reprinted under the Simon Pulse brand.
Yep- that's what I was thinking about.

Bigfootman

I got Casefiles #9 and 105, and Digest 97 plus the Copper Canyon Conspiracy at a used book store. Casefile #12 was there too, but for some reason I thought I had it, and didn't realize that I didn't until I got back home. I'm in no rush to get it though, I've read it before. So, I'll pick it up if its there when I go back in a week or two

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?