How did it all begin...?

Started by Sam Spade, July 13, 2007, 04:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Spade

I thought it might be cool to talk about how we all got into the hardy boys :)

The first book I read was Casefiles #7 Deathgame. I liked it, but I wouldn't have called myself a fan yet. Later, I read all but the last couple chapters of Casefiles #1 Dead on target but have still never finished it. A while after that, I read Casefiles #42 The Last Laugh. Now I consider myself to be Hardy boys fan and I may owe some of that to The Last Laugh, the book that probable, in a way, made me the HB fan I am today ;) ;D

although my story may be a little  :D cheesy :D and simple, maybe you have a better one, do you ??? ??? ???
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Centrion

I got Hardcover books in a 1-6 gift pack and I couldn't put it down. It all snowballed from there.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Kerin

I statred out reading Nancy Drew alot and then when I read one of the origanal super mystery books and then I tried one of just the Hardy Boys and that got me hooked I still read alot of Nancy Drew but now I read alot of Hardy Boys too.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

tomswift2002

I started reading my first Hardy Boys book (The Tower Treasure) on Tuesday, March 15, 1994.  My mom wanted me to get away from the TV and the Nintendo a little bit more, so when we were in a Giant Tiger store in Deep River, she told me to look at the rack of Hardy Boys books and pick one.  Anyway, a few months later (around September) I checked out from the school library a Casefiles book (Collision Course, I believe), and I found it okay.  Then I checked out Mystery Train, and I didn't finish it.  Anyway, on Easter Saturday 95, I picked up Dead On Target at Coles and I couldn't put the book down (I had just finished the Operation: Phoenix trilogy, and I was hoping that I could find that, but I couldn't).  Then I got a few Casefiles and Original/Digests at garage sales that summer, and the rest is history.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Lola

First I heard about the Hardys and Nancy Drew was throught the 1977 tv series. Became a big Shaun Cassidy fan. I didn't read anything until I got my computer and found Moonstars fanfiction. That's when I found the books but I started with the Casefiles. I'm not sure of the first one. I got the majority on ebay and then searching for the rest at the used book stores.

"You!"

Well, I hated to read. One time I was at my school library and I returned this book on a dog. I really really hated to read. I found it uninteresting. Who cares about a little girl and her dog? I prefer to watch cartoons all day. On the other hand my sister was more of a bookworm and I never thought I'd relate.  One day I was vacationing at a shop in San Antonio. It was an antique store and I saw several old book series. There was Annette Funachelo stories, and then there was the Hardy boys blue spine books. I didn't want another girly book dealing with dogs, and I was intrigued by the cover. I bought the #1 Tower Treasure and my sis bought the Annette.  I had fun reading it, and went back and bought some more.  I went online to read some fan fiction, and found out there was a lot more to read.  I just didn't stop.  So every time my parents went on vacation I end up finding more and more.  Some were in Antique shops, Salvation Army, and book stores. And now I still continue reading. ;D
CAB :)

Lola

QuoteOne day I was vacationing at a shop in San Antonio.
"You"....that's where I'm from! :)

"You!"

That's cool, I like to visit the River Walk sometimes and eat the Mexican food at Casa Rio. It's a small world. :D
CAB :)

Lola

Olivia

Quote from: kerin on July 13, 2007, 10:37:20 AM
I statred out reading Nancy Drew alot and then when I read one of the origanal super mystery books and then I tried one of just the Hardy Boys and that got me hooked I still read alot of Nancy Drew but now I read alot of Hardy Boys too.

:o That is freaky! That's exactly what happened to me too LOL!

Kerin

Quote from: oliviatocali on August 01, 2007, 05:45:51 PM
:o That is freaky! That's exactly what happened to me too LOL!

Really?How cool is that? :)
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

White Eagle

My older brother and sister both read casefiles when they were my age, and they said I should try them when I was old enough, and I did.   And, well, I just never stopped.
A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

Bigfootman

It begian when BONE CHANGED HIS NAME BACK!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457

*BFM punches Nzone and takes his Master of Archology title.*

NZone

Um, I got rid of that a looooong time ago ::)
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.