Book Availability

Started by bozonessinc, October 16, 2008, 11:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozonessinc

Quote from: 003Robin457 on October 20, 2008, 04:51:02 PM
Yeah, GNs use way more ink and have thicker paper.
Or they just feel thicker because of that huge coat of ink. Considering they are spending money on the ink.. That explains it.. Must have long lasting ink. I would take about 3 cartridges to finish one book. Thats 75 dollars per book. How do they do it so cheap?

003Robin457

A little less than 3 but they buy in bulk and save a ton of money.

bozonessinc

But if its laser, which it is, a cartridge is 78 each... How do they do it?

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 21, 2008, 08:59:40 PM
But if its laser, which it is, a cartridge is 78 each... How do they do it?

Don't forget that for each book run Papercutz would print up thousands of copies of the book, so they would be able to spread the cost out over the books.  Plus, you should also remember that the printers that most people have at home pale in comparison to the printers that newspapers and book manufacturers use.  Plus, with book printers, who says that the book printers use bubble jet or laser printers when they may use printers similar to newspaper printers?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

bozonessinc

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 22, 2008, 09:38:46 AM
Don't forget that for each book run Papercutz would print up thousands of copies of the book, so they would be able to spread the cost out over the books.  Plus, you should also remember that the printers that most people have at home pale in comparison to the printers that newspapers and book manufacturers use.  Plus, with book printers, who says that the book printers use bubble jet or laser printers when they may use printers similar to newspaper printers?
I never thought about it that way, But, I guess they would have a 100,000 dollar printer that would take up less ink then even the best laser printers that alot of businesses have. Thanks tomswift for the enlightenment!

NZone

Thank you for the enlightenment tom! You have led me to nirvana!
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

bozonessinc

Olivia

My educated guess is just plain nirvana.

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 19, 2008, 05:55:55 PM
I don't think I've got "Galaxy X" on order yet, but I do have "Shhhhh!" on order.

Now, I have all the graphic on order up to #17 ''Word Up!''.
Quote from: 003Robin457 on October 19, 2008, 05:59:17 PM
Poor people who have to order. :'( I'm in UB city and can find all my books at B&N! ;D

I don't have to order them. The store usually gets them in even if I don't. Why don't you like ordering, anyway?

bozonessinc

Some places aren't lucky enough to be Ub city!

003Robin457

Quote from: SDLagent on October 24, 2008, 01:19:14 PM
I don't have to order them. The store usually gets them in even if I don't. Why don't you like ordering, anyway?
You have to wait for them to get here!

bozonessinc

Sorry, I must have Misread something Robin, you have to wait for them to get to the store, or wait for them if you order, cause you still have to wait at the store.!

Bigfootman

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 24, 2008, 02:32:10 PM
Some places aren't lucky enough to be Ub city!
You mean:
Some places are lucky enough to not be UB city!

I'm very lucky. I neaver hear much people in my area talk about the UBs. The bluespines and casefiles are a diffrent matter, luckly. As I said before, the UBs are not popular at all! Everyone I asked, only knew about the Bluespines, or Casefiles.

And at the one book store that does have the UBs no one buys them, but they DO buy the ND:GD. I'm pertty sure the UBs killed off intrest in the Hardy Boys for alot of people. It could also that the last digests warn't selling well, but I doubt that. when there were still digests in stores, I had an impossible time getting one, yet now with only the UBs in stores, no one buys them, at least not in my hugely populated area.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 25, 2008, 11:36:26 AM
Sorry, I must have Misread something Robin, you have to wait for them to get to the store, or wait for them if you order, cause you still have to wait at the store.!
You have to wait for them in the Mail if you Pre order right? If you get them from the store no waiting! :D

And oh yeah I say UB city since my B&N allways has them and people allways buy them! 8)

bozonessinc

You still have to wait for the day they come out