dustjackets?

Started by P. Walker, April 25, 2012, 08:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P. Walker

Has anyone ever used Demco.com or any like site for vinyl/mylar dustjackets for their Casefiles collection? And if so, what isze diod you wind up getting?

tomswift2002

I've used Demco, but why would you want them for Casefiles, since the Casefiles never came with Dustjackets.  The only Hardy Boys books that have had Dustjackets have been G&D books published between 1927 and 1961, and then the Wanderer hardcovers.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

P. Walker

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on April 26, 2012, 06:09:01 AM
I've used Demco, but why would you want them for Casefiles, since the Casefiles never came with Dustjackets.  The only Hardy Boys books that have had Dustjackets have been G&D books published between 1927 and 1961, and then the Wanderer hardcovers.

Ive ordered a book from Amazon (a UK version. such and ugly cover) and it had a plastic dust jacket ovn it. looked really nice plus it will help to diminish the usual wear and tear on the soft covers

MacGyver

Are you referring to binding your books as libraries do? In which case, I would say Demco.com is definitely one of the top library resources Websites around. You could also try Brodart.com or Gaylord.com too.
From Demco's website, this one looks like it might be a good choice- I would probably go with the 12 x 24 inches version. If it's a little too big, you should be able to trim it down to fit.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Although the polyester book cover rolls might work even better- and they seem to be cheaper too.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

P. Walker

Thanks mac. Hopefully those will do the trick. the one thats on my copy of Disaster for Hire looks something like this one http://www.demco.com/goto?BLS105812&ALL0000&es=20120426155342142585

P. Walker

Quote from: MacGyver on April 26, 2012, 09:01:41 AM
Although the polyester book cover rolls might work even better- and they seem to be cheaper too.

i'm not that good with my hands so I'd rather not do a lot of cutting and such

MacGyver

QuoteThanks mac. Hopefully those will do the trick. the one thats on my copy of Disaster for Hire looks something like this one http://www.demco.com/goto?BLS105812&ALL0000&es=20120426155342142585
Sweet! Yeah, that one looks like a good all-purpose one to use.

tomswift2002

Well with dustjacket covers you want to look for the ones that say archival since they don't contain any acid and some even have UV protection.  The ones that don't say archival tend to be very acidic and will actually damage your book in the long run.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Good point, Tomswift2002. And yeah- I did see some with UV protection on Demco's site.