Re: Casefiles casualties

Started by P. Walker, April 10, 2012, 09:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P. Walker

I've started rereading the series in order and buying the ones that I dont have, and I was thinking about something a few days ago. I'm not sure on which HB site I saw it on, but several years back I ran into an article where I believe an HB ghostwriter said that he/she was given a bible of do's and dont's while writing his/her story. There couldnt be any drug stories, the boys couldnt start a case with guns, etc...so I thought back on that article and was wondering if anyone saw it and remembered if it mentioned a total number of casualties that could be in each case. I've yet to start The Lazarus Plot book, and so far there's been a total of 3 deaths: Iola (im counting her as dead or at the very least MIA), Leila the terrorist from DoT, and Vivasvat, the Rajah's righthand man

MacGyver

Don't forget Al-Rousasa from Dead on Target
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

You might be thinking of William McKay's interview on the threeinvestigatorsbooks.com website.  But right from the series proposal murder was always part of the Casefiles formula.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I read that bit on the ThreeInvestigatorsbooks.com web site too- very interesting. (And as an aside, since I'm also a big fan of The Three Investigators, let me just say that that web site is one of the best, if not the best for T3I- if you haven't seen it, check it out.) :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

P. Walker

Quote from: MacGyver on April 10, 2012, 04:12:03 PM
Don't forget Al-Rousasa from Dead on Target

how could i forget him??!!!  oops

P. Walker

Quote from: P. Walker on April 10, 2012, 09:54:20 PM
how could i forget him??!!!  oops

dont know how I forgot about him, but thats three in one book, him, Leila, Iola. wow! is that a record in the HB universe? and even if we didnt see the murder occur in the book, do you think we could count the real Samuel Butler?

MacGyver

Definitely- Samuel Butler would count even as an off-screen murder.

SkyWarp

Here is a partial list:  http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/search.php?q=a&c=X&e=network

Please note, this list is not just "casualties" but anyone that has ever died for any reason.

You use to be able to search without putting in a search query.  I should probably bring that back if a category is chosen to make this user friendly.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I can't think of their names, but there's two in Strategic Moves.