Spin Offs

Started by 003Robin457, July 05, 2009, 10:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If S&S made a Hardy Boys spin off what would you like to see? (See the descriptions below)

Fenton
6 (30%)
The Mortans
4 (20%)
The Hardy Cousins
5 (25%)
Agents of ATAC
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 19

tomswift2002

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on July 08, 2009, 04:44:51 PM
ATAC agents, so they can end the UBs, and instead have someone else work for ATAC. That way the HB can solve cases on their own, and hang out with thier freinds, instead of ATAC being their only lives,

I don't know about a series just about ATAC agents, since it seems that whenever we see another ATAC agent in the regular novels by Simon & Schuster, that agent always goes rogue. (ie. Rocky Road, Club Dread)
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

kosmicdust

Personally, I'd like to see Chet, Biff, Tony, Phil get together and form The Bayport Detective Agency.

• Chet - A master of disguise and frequent source of humour
  • Biff - brawn of the operation
  • Phil - brains of the operation
  • Tony - ladies man, perhaps?

tomswift2002

Quote from: kosmicdust on July 18, 2009, 12:45:30 AM

Better hope there are no cases involving ladies clothing stores, otherwise, I think we'd know where Tony would be.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Personally, I'd like to see Chet, Biff, Tony, Phil get together and form The Bayport Detective Agency.

Not bad, not bad. I'd still like to see Fenton, though.

Frank rules

I think that a series about Fenton on the NYPD would be pretty cool. Given the right plot development, it might even be better than the original Hardy Boys (though, given the publication of the UBs, Junie B. Jones would probably be better than the original Hardy Boys nowadays). It could feature actual grown up elements and crimes that don't take 10 seconds to piece together. It could have guest appearances by Lara Hardy and explain how they fell in love and how Aunt "Trudy" came to live with Fenton and his new wife. Heck, they could even throw in a few team-ups with a straight-out-of-Law School Carson Drew. 

JoeHardyRocks

I think the cousins would still be good, I mean, who doesn't want to see what Frank and Joe's kids are like? ;D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

Quote from: Frank rules on July 29, 2009, 06:03:03 PM
I think that a series about Fenton on the NYPD would be pretty cool. Given the right plot development, it might even be better than the original Hardy Boys (though, given the publication of the UBs, Junie B. Jones would probably be better than the original Hardy Boys nowadays). It could feature actual grown up elements and crimes that don't take 10 seconds to piece together. It could have guest appearances by Lara Hardy and explain how they fell in love and how Aunt "Trudy" came to live with Fenton and his new wife. Heck, they could even throw in a few team-ups with a straight-out-of-Law School Carson Drew. 

I agree. Also Sam Peterson could be the co-star of the series. And later on in the series, you could even work Jake Johansen into the story.

tomswift2002

Heck, they could even throw in a few team-ups with a straight-out-of-Law School Carson Drew. 

Especially considering that on the 1977 TV Show The Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries Fenton Hardy and Carson Drew were especially chummy during the Arson and Old Lace episode.

Olivia

Quote from: joshuamiguel on July 07, 2009, 06:05:56 PM
lol XD No one wants to see the Mortons........  :o  :o

It wouldn?t really be a detective series. Or if it was, it would be more of a comedic one. But it would be funny.

Heck, they could even throw in a few team-ups with a straight-out-of-Law School Carson Drew. 

I especially like that, but then again, I always like it when people team up.

Quote from: Buttercup on July 29, 2009, 06:11:49 PM
I think the cousins would still be good, I mean, who doesn't want to see what Frank and Joe's kids are like? ;D

We already know (scroll to Sept. 7): here

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Bigfootman

Quote from: Olivia on July 30, 2009, 05:40:58 PM
It wouldn?t really be a detective series. Or if it was, it would be more of a comedic one. But it would be funny.

I especially like that, but then again, I always like it when people team up.

We already know (scroll to Sept. 7): here
There was going to be a series about Chet Morton, never made it past plot summeries though.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Yeah, I read about that proposed Chet Morton series once a while back- it seems it would have involved Chet and his many, many, many hobbies. Could've been interesting, and I would suspect pretty funny. But I don't know that I would've have cared that much about it- other than something of a Hardy Boys oddity kind of spin-off.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

HardyFan11

That would certainly be interesting... I would read it, if the first book was good.  ;D
Currently reading: I have no clue. I know it's a Casefile, but I think I finished it. (Basically, I'm trying to read to many Casefiles at the same time)

SDLagent

Welcome to the forum, HardyFan1!

Q

Quote from: SDLagent on July 29, 2009, 11:23:23 PM
I agree. Also Sam Peterson could be the co-star of the series. And later on in the series, you could even work Jake Johansen into the story.
That would be sweet. I always kind of liked Sam.
Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 09, 2009, 09:26:19 AM
I don't know about a series just about ATAC agents, since it seems that whenever we see another ATAC agent in the regular novels by Simon & Schuster, that agent always goes rogue. (ie. Rocky Road, Club Dread)
Well, the series could show that they aren't all crooked.