The Mystery of the Chinese Junk-1967 pilot

Started by MacGyver, July 08, 2011, 07:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Hey- found a couple of things for you on Youtube for the 1990s series of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. :)
First off, here's a promo for both shows on The WB (which I'm guessing is probably the channel I recall seeing at least one episode of The Hardy Boys on as a child in the USA.
Here's The Hardy Boys theme song.
And here's the "Say Cheese" episode!
And here's "The Debt Collectors" episode!
And if you're interested, here's one of the Nancy Drew episodes- "The Long Journey Home"
And in case anyone hadn't seen this yet- I also ran across the 2002 pilot Nancy Drew, starring Maggie Lawson.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

I watched the two episodes you linked. They were good but would have been a lot better if each episode was an hour.

MacGyver

Yeah, that's the general problem with the '90s show- it's still The Hardy Boys and I enjoy it- but it definitely would have benefited from an hour slot to tell a mystery story rather than having to cram it all into a half hour. It forces you to pay very close attention to every little detail in order to follow the plot well because it all moves very fast.

SDLagent

Which I don't mind. I like fast-paced stories but a lot of scenes were even just mentioned when they should have been shown.

MacGyver

It's definitely a change of pace from the '70s show and that's cool- I find both enjoyable. Oh well- the '90s show is still much better paced than The Hardy Boys cartoon. ;D

SDLagent

That's for sure. Why they'd try to cram two stories into one half hour is beyond me!

MacGyver

Oh well- it's kids watching the cartoon- they don't care about things like storylines and plots- as long as there's action and excitement and some groovy music to dance to! :D

SDLagent

MacGyver

haha- probably.  ;D  They were probably thinking, "Wow, I don't want to grow up and look like him!"

SDLagent

Or sound like him! I'm pretty sure they only had like two voice actors for the whole show.

Olivia

SDLagent finally gets to see the '90's show!

And of course Amazon.ca suddenly has the DVD in stock, and someone on YouTube puts up the opening intro this past summer. Right after I gave up and ended up doing things the hard way. Ah well.

MacGyver

Hope everyone who wanted to see The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of the Chinese Junk pilot got a chance to see it because the link is now down. (I'm afraid it may have been causing a drain on the host site...)

SDLagent

Well, that's too bad. But, as you know, I did get to see it.