International Hardy Boys covers

Started by MacGyver, May 25, 2012, 10:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I see some random junk on there every now and then...I imagine there are just some folks who enjoy trolling The Hardy Boys wiki page...

anyway- thanks for the Hebrew cover link, Hardy Sleuth.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

The Russian cover of While The Clock Ticked
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

In the same vein, here's a good site to see a number of international Nancy Drew book covers. The Danish ones are pretty interesting- some of those seem to be presenting Nancy Drew like a model rather than a detective on the case...

MacGyver

British cover for While The Clock Ticked :) 8)

kosmicdust

Yep, this Varty cover is a firm favorite of mine:

MacGyver

With the amount of parodies/homages I've seen online to the Grossett & Dunlap version of this Hardy Boys cover, While The Clock Ticked seems to be a favorite for a lot of people. It's certainly one of mine- great cover and great story. 8)

MacGyver

I'm pretty positive this has been posted before- I think Dinosaur Dan posted it somewhere- but I'll post it again here just in case- here is a link to a number of the American cover art paintings for many of The Hardy Boys Casefiles, Supermysteries ('88) and The Nancy Drew Files books as well as one of The New Bobbsey Twins books. (I don't know that all of the links work though.)

MacGyver

This Portuguese cover of The Mystery of the Flying Express is pretty cool! :) 8)

(Of course, it borrows the design from the Armada books released in England and that's mainly what I find so cool- I've always really liked both the Armada and Collins releases. The Grossett & Dunlap releases are great too, of course- but the British covers seemed to make the books look even more exciting in the artwork.)

MacGyver

Indonesian Hardy Boys book- I think it's The Vanishing Thieves, since the cover looks similar to the American Wanderer edition.

tomswift2002

Well, from what one online translation service says, the title is "Syndicate Of Car Thieves".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

From what I recall of the plot of the book, that sounds right.

MacGyver

Here's a great blog for Norwegian Hardy Boys books with a number of covers. :) 8)
This is a great Norway Hardy Boys site too.

MacGyver

I'm thinking this is maybe a German copy of Deathgame- Note the altered cover art that leaves Frank off and just has Joe and the girl together. (Unless that's Frank hiding out under the bush back there.)

tomswift2002

It actually looks like a repainted cover.  Plus, that's Dutch writing on the cover (it says "Of Life And Death").  But it's interesting how the book is just from the Hardy Boys series in The Netherlands.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca