Hardy Boys Adventures #4 Into Thin Air

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2013, 09:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I got a copy the other day and it had the same misprint.  All the copies at the bookstore had it. Maybe it'll get fixed when the book gets reprinted- and make these copies rare collector's copies! Lol :) ;)

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Here's one other thing I've noticed- did everyone see how short this book is? It's just so thin compared to the other books. Amazon.com lists its page length as 129, but I think that's including a preview for the next book. If I recall correctly, I think the actual story in this book only ran for a little over 100 pages. Maybe things will reverse with the next few books and maybe this isn't anything to be concerned about. I just happened to notice that since the first book, the page length has gone a little down with each subsequent book. Of course, Amazon.com's listing says the fifth book is supposed to be 160 pages long, so if that's true- I guess that will indeed reverse this trend. It was just interesting to me to note.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: SkyWarp on October 25, 2013, 08:19:00 PM
I notice my "Into Thin Air" book mistakenly says that the first Aladdin paperback edition was October 2103 (instead of 2013). Everyone else's say the same thing?

And it's in the ebook edition, too, Skywarp, for some reason it says "Hardcover edition October 2103" ??? Wonder if the G-Force ride had anything to do with throwing the copyright date into the future like that. :D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

tomswift2002

I wonder if Doc and Marty got a hold of it first.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

I just got my hardcover copy today.  The error's in there (although the text and cover art copyrights say 2013), so someone must've typed the date wrong and just copy and pasted the page, but just changed it he "hardcover" and "paperback" words.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 30, 2013, 10:34:49 PM
I just got my hardcover copy today.  The error's in there (although the text and cover art copyrights say 2013), so someone must've typed the date wrong and just copy and pasted the page, but just changed it he "hardcover" and "paperback" words.

Interesting. Hey, that's cool you got the hardcover, do you have all of the Hardy Boys Adventures like that now? That has to look really nice. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

tomswift2002

I just finished the book.  I'm giving the book a 3.0 out of 5, since at 109 pages, the story was way to short.  "the Vanishing Game" and "Into Thin Air" should've just been one book.  Also, I didn't like how the author re-used the tired "person who hired the boys is the criminal"; I didn't like it in "The Masked Monkey" or "The Stone Idol", and I didn't enjoy it with this book.  Plus the author left a couple of threads hanging with no resolutio (such as the red arrow mark on the principal's name plate).  Otherwise I enjoyed how the author kept dropping red herrings.

MacGyver

The red arrow thing sounds like it's going to be a recurring thing throughout this book series...

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on November 05, 2013, 08:08:10 AM
The red arrow thing sounds like it's going to be a recurring thing throughout this book series...

Hopefully it actually turns into something, and doesn't turn into a running joke.

MacGyver

MacGyver

WHOA! Just noticed something awesome on page 102. Note that this is Chapter 14, "Trapped"- and it's Joe's chapter. And on page 102, in the course of his narration, he uses a classic Joe Hardy catchphrase- from the 1970s The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries show! The classic line Joe used a good bit on that show- "Not to put too fine a point on it." I guess it could be coincidence, but I think that may be a direct reference to the show on the part of the ghostwriter. Anyway- it's cool to see in any case. :) 8)

VLoneWolf

That's a really cool catch phrase to include. It may mean the ghost writer is a fan of the Hardy Boys. 

MacGyver