Frank and Joe Hardy

Started by bozonessinc, September 29, 2008, 03:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia

I agree. He's closer to all the "Franks".

The UB Frank is the odd one out so to speak.

bozonessinc

So now instead of having debates over ATAC versus the casefiles series (by the way, I am in the middle of reading a good casefiles book) (even though I am an atac fan), we are now we Frank Vs. Joe.

Is that all we can do argue? Yes, of course. Would anyone be suprised if after I read the Casefiles my whole point of view changes.

Olivia

Well...I don't see this as a debate. It's just people's preferences or favourite characters in this case.

But we're also discussing how characters change or how they're portrayed. So stereotypes do come up. Okay, not stereotypes but exaggerated characteristics. Because if I stay "stereotypes", then I'm calling Frank and Joe a stereotype. They sort of are in a way though because of the organization of the series...

SDLagent

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 08, 2008, 10:52:59 AM
So now instead of having debates over ATAC versus the casefiles series (by the way, I am in the middle of reading a good casefiles book) (even though I am an atac fan), we are now we Frank Vs. Joe.

Is that all we can do argue? Yes, of course. Would anyone be suprised if after I read the Casefiles my whole point of view changes.

Okaaay. Ah, I don't really see any Frank vs. Joe fights lately, but whatever...

bozonessinc

Preferences Vs. Preferences..

WAR STARTS HERE..
Ex My preference is for the _____ because they ________________________________________

Here I go:

My preference is for the UB's because they are contiually the same and follow the same story line.
YOUR ALL NEXT

JoeHardyRocks

My preference is for the UBs because they are written well and are good books for kids.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

Oh, I thought we were doing preferences for Frank or Joe?

tomswift2002

My preference is for the Casefiles because the boys go up against a number of gangs with four, five or more people in them; the boys solve crimes that actually make sense and deal with more crimes than murder plus the criminals are a lot smarter than the criminals in the Undercover Brothers.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

bozonessinc

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on October 11, 2008, 09:51:15 PM
My preference is for the UBs because they are written well and are good books for kids.
For kids?
Teens read them too...
And enjoy them mind you...
So there good for all ages.
I think an adult could enjoy them to..

tomswift2002

Quote from: bones on October 12, 2008, 12:07:20 PM
For kids?
Teens read them too...
And do not enjoy them mind you...
So they are not good for all ages.
I think an adult could never enjoy them to..

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Olivia

What was the target age for the books? Obviously anyone can read them, just wondering. And I'm well out of the range anyways.

I think it was 8-12 for UBs, and ... ? ? ? for Casefiles?

tomswift2002

Casefiles were targeted at Pre-Teens and Teenagers.  Grades 7-11.

JoeHardyRocks

Well, UBs are good for anyone, but I was implying that they are targeted for pre-teens, or kids.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on October 12, 2008, 06:19:29 PM
Well, UBs are good for anyone, but I was implying that they are targeted for pre-teens, or kids.

UB's are not good for anyone. 

bozonessinc

Seriously, some people who are 14-19 still read em..