What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?

Started by MacGyver, March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Most recently, I got a copy of Into Thin Air- got to keep up with the Hardy Boys Adventures! :) 8) (Hopefully, I'll get a chance to read them soon- lol.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

A few days back, I got the Wanderer hardcover reprint (i.e. Flashlight style) of The Stone Idol. With those going out of print now, I'm trying to get the few of those I don't already have. Of course, I'd love to find some of the original Wanderer hardcovers with dust jackets- but those seem to be pretty hard to come by....
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Last time that I was at my local library they still had a few of the original Wanderer hard cover books on the shelf, however, most of them were just as they were years ago when I checked them out, missing their dustjackets. Having a DJ on the book will make the books even more valuable.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Oh yeah- definitely. If I were to ever find any, I would want to have the dustjacket if at all possible. I actually have run across some of the Nancy Drew books, but not The Hardy Boys. (i.e. in physical stores. I haven't really scoured the Web for these books- I'm sure they're out there somewhere.) I don't know if I'm ready to really invest in the books- it's just one of those things I keep an eye out for if I ever happen to find some at an affordable price.

VLoneWolf

MacGyver

MacGyver

I recently picked up The Secret Agent on Flight 101- the Grossett & Dunlap Flashlight printing. (Slowly I'm filling in the gaps on the few titles I don't have a Grossett & Dunlap printing of some sort...)

VLoneWolf

The Secret Agent on Flight 101   is a really good book.  I don't think I have it.

MacGyver

Yeah, I enjoy it. It actually feels like an early version of things to come- I mean, here in The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories series we have SKOOL versus UGLI in this book. (I'm guessing obviously inspired by TV shows and movies of the time- like Get Smart and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and I Spy and the James Bond movies. :) 8))
And of course, years later in The Hardy Boys Casefiles we had The Network versus The Asassins (and MUX as well.) And then after that in The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers- ATAC. (Okay- I don't recall if there was an evil organization they fought against though.)

VLoneWolf

I have not read it in a while but it did seem to have that kind of feeling.

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: VLoneWolf on January 09, 2014, 01:20:49 PM
I recently got Double Jeopardy and Warehouse Rumble.

Cool! :) I've read Warehouse Rumble and really enjoyed it, a great Hardy Boys Mystery and am hoping to read Double Jeopardy soon! :)

Quote from: MacGyver on January 23, 2014, 10:32:06 AM
I recently picked up The Secret Agent on Flight 101- the Grossett & Dunlap Flashlight printing. (Slowly I'm filling in the gaps on the few titles I don't have a Grossett & Dunlap printing of some sort...)

The Secret Agent on Flight 101 is another great, cool Hardy Boys Mystery! 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Agreed on both counts. I've read all of those books and they're all great Hardy Boys adventures. :) 8)
(Note: Double Jeopardy does not involve Frank and Joe actually competing on Jeopardy! though. ;) ;D)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on January 27, 2014, 11:27:29 AM
Agreed on both counts. I've read all of those books and they're all great Hardy Boys adventures. :) 8)
(Note: Double Jeopardy does not involve Frank and Joe actually competing on Jeopardy! though. ;) ;D)

Awesome. 8)
Lol, I didn't think so, but good to know. ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

"Oh no!," Joe cried. "Frank! Someone's kidnapped Alex Trebek!"
"Well, Joe," Frank cooly replied, "the show must go on. It looks like we've got another mystery on our hands. It's up to us to find him."
.... ;D

VLoneWolf

That's funny.  I not sure who would kidnap Alex Trebek thought.