What is your favorite Hardy Boys Agency from the main 2

The Network
8 (66.7%)
American Teens Against Crime (ATAC)
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: September 10, 2008, 03:52:25 PM

Jokerette

so the UB's are only about the Hardys andATAC? >:( Does it have a big sign that says "Stoot Me Down!" on it?! >:(

P.S i am so dissapointed with you!*spanks* ;D
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

SDLagent

It would be fine if that's how the Hardys always were, but what do you expect long-time Hardy fans to do, when the series their a fan of is almost unrecognizable?

Olivia

Okay, I'll try to give some more insight into why I'm not too keen on ATAC (in addition to what's already been said). If you think about it, the HB:UB series is sort of an insult to the Hardys themselves. They are caricatures of who they used to be (especially in personality).

The Hardys are suppose to be (generally) average people who just happen to have some extraordinary detecting abilities and circumstances to go on such ventures. The HB:UB series seems to do the opposite: they are "superagents" on contrived cases.

I understand how and why some people really like ATAC (I really do), but I think James Bond, Alex Rider, and even the TV series Alias does the agency thing a lot better. It seems forced for the Hardys - it's just not who they are.

We like what we like though. For example, I like the new James Bond franchise, but many long-time fans hate it. So fair is fair, I guess. Although I could argue that the new franchise is better than the previous (except for some of the classics). But whatever.

Jokerette

ha, ha! i sooo :D don't believe u, olivia! anyone who understands would dump the Network ASAP! >:(

no hard feeling, olivia?
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

Sam Spade

I'm considering starting another poll, called: "Who thinks the world will explode before someone wins this debate?" ;D
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Q

I was thinking the same thing earlier, Sam Spade!! Networkfans will never convince ATACfans, and ATACfans will never convince Networkfans. It a neverending battle!!

tomswift2002

Sometimes I wonder if ATAC even has one single leader or if its just run by multiple different people who know that Fenton Hardy founded the organization, but really have no clue as to how cases are suppose to be solved.  I can't believe that Fenton Hardy would create an organization as lame as ATAC.

Go NETWORK!
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

mystery chick 901

Welcome to World War 3 everyone! ;)

SDLagent

Olivia

Quote from: Firefox on August 09, 2008, 04:09:47 AM
ha, ha! i sooo :D don't believe u, olivia! anyone who understands would dump the Network ASAP! >:(

no hard feeling, olivia?

Uh, what do you mean you don't believe me? There's evidence in the hundreds of books out there. I understand people can look at them a bit differently, but until you can prove otherwise (or even give some kind of theory) you don't really have an argument.

So you don't believe that the Hardys are special agents for ATAC? Then what do you think ATAC is? ::)

And you "understand" the Network? So I guess everyone for the Network on this board is out of their minds :o

No hard feelings because I can't take you seriously ;) (Kidding).

NZone

One thing I have noticed, in the Network V. ATAC battleground, we almost never talk about the Network. Its either people bashing ATAC or people going "ATAC Rules"
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Sam Spade

Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Olivia

Okay, ATAC fans - I am truly interested and curious to know what you like about ATAC. I promise I won't bite! (Anyways, we have a back-and-forth thing going in the other thread, and I've already stated my perspective).

So do you actually like the agency? Or you just like the HB:UB series overall? :)

SDLagent

Well for me I don't mind ATAC but don't like the UB series, so that kind of warps my take on ATAC, so it could be the same for people who like the UB but don't really like ATAC. Maybe?

Olivia

Something like that has crossed my mind too. It seems more like a Casefiles vs. HB:UB argument sometimes. It can be a little difficult to separate the agencies from the series since they are so imbedded in them. Well, the Network isn't as imbedded, but you know what I mean.