Special Ghost Stories Edition: Haunted

Started by SDLagent, May 12, 2008, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

The plot summary and cover for ''Haunted'', a Special Ghost Stories Edition in the Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers series have been revealed. 

The plot summary is as follows:
Frank and Joe start to question their beliefs about the supernatural when ATAC sends them on a special mission to investigate reported hauntings at a juvenile detention center.

Q

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Q

tomswift2002

Well, you might think that its bad, considering that right now, Haunted seems to be a stand-alone title that is coming out in the middle of a trilogy and neither have anything in common aside fromt he main characters and the fact that they are apart of the "Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers" series umbrella.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

The cover for Haunted has been revealed at Simon & Schuster's official website. By the looks of it this third installment will be a re-make of the 1980's Ghost Stories. I like the background but am not so sure about the models, not how I picture the boys, anyway. Actually maybe it's not the models, it's more how there standing that's seems sort of strange to me.

tomswift2002

If it's a remake of the 1984 book, lets hope that it is not in the first person style.

And I agree about the cover.  Joe looks like he's about to have an accident in his pants, and why does Frank look off balance.

tomswift2002

Plus, is that a gun in Frank's hand?

mystery chick 901

the cover sure looks interesting...

and that does look like a gun. that'd be a first for the UB series

SkyWarp

I think it is just the background and not a gun.

Olivia

To me it looks like one of those bad comedies when people are trying to sneak around but doing a bad job of it :D

SDLagent

The official plot summery that will appear on the back cover of ''Haunted'', has been revealed at SimonSays.

ATAC Briefing for Agents Frank and Joe Hardy:
Special Paranormal Operation

MISSION: Investigate possible supernatural disturbances at the Undercliff House of Detention, formerly an insane asylum in the 1800s.

POTENTIAL VICTIMS: Many of the inmates appear to be dying from pure terror!

SUSPECTS: Lara Renner claims to be a psychic with a direct line to the spirit behind the hauntings, but perhaps her motives are more down-to-earth. Then there's the cafeteria worker with a major grudge. Or could it be the culprits are truly ghosts?

tomswift2002

Another MURDER story???  And coming in the middle of a MURDER trilogy?  Is this going to be a confusing summer of plot repeats or what?  What are the people at S&s on?

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

JoeHardyRocks

It looks like Frank's going to tip over and Joe is at a really weird angle...  :-\
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."