Hardy Boys Hidden Theft Trailer

Started by SkyWarp, September 17, 2008, 12:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

JoWood and DreamCatcher Games have released the official trailer for The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft, still scheduled to ship late September in North America.

Fans can now view the actual footage from the game, and check out the in-game likenesses of Frank and Joe Hardy.  Also featured in the trailer are glimpses into various locations in and around the boys' hometown of Bayport.  Viewers with a keen eye for detail may even spot a few clues flash by too!  So check out the new trailer and screenshots below.

SDLagent

Looks good. What's with the comics though?

A few points of interest:
Looks like the game will have the suspect dieing in the hospital like in ''The Tower Treasure''.
No mention of ATAC.
Looks like Joe is the computer hacker.
Bayport is located on Long Island, close to real-world Bayport.
Game rated for Mild-Language.

003Robin457

I don't know why there comics but COOL!! 8) 8) I love comics! Mabey there will be a book/Graphic Novel about the game. Also It says Nancy will geust star! Is the woman in the viedo Nancy If so that is the first thim we see her in the games other than her legs in that one you can get eaten by a plant!

SkyWarp

Quote from: 003Robin457 on September 17, 2008, 05:19:11 PM
I don't know why there comics but COOL!! 8) 8) I love comics! Mabey there will be a book/Graphic Novel about the game.
Hmmm, interesting marketing strategory perhaps you are creating there.  Maybe Papercutz and Dreamcatcher should get together and release the next game WITH a graphic novel or at the very least cross promote each other so that they can both release a product based on the same story line at the same time. 

Quote from: 003Robin457 on September 17, 2008, 05:19:11 PMAlso, it says Nancy will geust star! Is the woman in the video Nancy? If so that is the first time we see her in the games....

I was wondering if that was her as well.  Not exactly how I would imagine Nancy, but I guess we will have to wait and see. 

003Robin457

Yeah she had black hair and Nancy is suspos to have strawberry blond, but if it is her I'll just be glad to actualy see her and not wine about her hair. ;D Mabey its Iola. :-\

JoeHardyRocks

After seeing these (In my opinion) awful graphics, I probably won't get the game. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SkyWarp

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on September 17, 2008, 08:09:58 PM
After seeing these (In my opinion) awful graphics, I probably won't get the game.

These graphics are so much better than the Nancy games though. 

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

JoeHardyRocks

The graphics in Hidden Theft are totally pixelated, and it looks like it has no detail whatsoever! The way they walk and the way they move and everything just looks soooooo fake! And the trailer is just really corny. ::) Nancy Drew graphics are way better!
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

Ah, don't judge a book by it's cover, or in this case, don't judge a game by it's trailer.

I don't really know if the graphics are better then the Nancy games, will have to look into that.

Sam Spade

Quote from: SkyWarp on September 17, 2008, 12:33:49 PM
And for those that prefer to eat my bandwidth till there is nothing left...
This is the same as above, just slightly larger.  There is nothing different as far as the content goes.

LOL!
I definitely fit into that category! ;D ;D ;D
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

SkyWarp

To be honest, the graphics between the two games aren't even the same type of graphics.  Nancy is so much more 2D.  2D graphics don't take as much juice and power to make good looking.  Where as it appears from the trailer that there are a lot more 3D graphics in the Hardy Boys latest game.  How many times have you seen Nancy walk around in her games.  You really don't.  So comparing the two is not really all that easy. 

tomswift2002

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on September 17, 2008, 10:51:03 PM
The graphics in Hidden Theft are totally pixelated, and it looks like it has no detail whatsoever! The way they walk and the way they move and everything just looks soooooo fake! And the trailer is just really corny. ::) Nancy Drew graphics are way better!

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but you have to realize that for streaming a video over the internet Dreamcatcher would have to use some sort of compression to compress the video and the audio.  I noticed that SDL had found two different sizes of the video, so I'm guessing that with the smaller version if you tried to play it full screen it would be heavily pixelated.

But remember, when the game arrives on CD Dreamcatcher will have it spread across two or three or more CD's allowing for the best possible graphics with no limitations that the internet poses.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

I just saw the trailer and one thing that I noticed was that the rating on the game is E10, meaning Everyone 10 years or older.

Also, Joe's haircut sort of reminded me, especially when he was on the window looking at the tree, reminded me of the haircut that "Joe" had on the cover to the 1970 Hardy Boys record The Hardy Boys/Wheels.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Wheels:1921631539;_ylt=AiqyLaDB6DPXiecZqiG_ZhQJGbgF#tracks
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

FrankJoeATAC

Quote from: SkyWarp on September 18, 2008, 07:41:31 AM
To be honest, the graphics between the two games aren't even the same type of graphics.  Nancy is so much more 2D.  2D graphics don't take as much juice and power to make good looking.  Where as it appears from the trailer that there are a lot more 3D graphics in the Hardy Boys latest game.  How many times have you seen Nancy walk around in her games.  You really don't.  So comparing the two is not really all that easy. 

You don't see Nancy walk around because you're supposed to be Nancy. It would be easy to compare the games graphics, and even though characters in Nancy Drew games don't walk around, they still look better than the Hardy Boys characters.