Hardy Boys Season 3 coming to DVD...February 2013!

Started by tomswift2002, November 09, 2012, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Just saw this over at tvshowsondvd.com.  Apparently Shout Factory has acquired the rights to Season 3 of the show:

Quote from: tvshowsondvd.com
In 2005 Universal released The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries - Season 1 on DVD, and in 2007 they followed up with The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries - Season 2 DVDs as well. The third and final season dropped Nancy Drew and just focused on the Hardy Boys stories, but those episodes have never made it to DVD. Now Shout! Factory has struck a deal to bring you The Hardy Boys - Season 3 on DVD, starring Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson! This 3-disc set will have the final 10 mysteries, including appearances by Kevin Tighe, Anne Lockhart, Pernell Roberts, Darleen Carr, John Colicos, June Lockhart, Robert Loggia, Rebecca York, Macdonald Carey, Pamela Franklin, Nehemiah Persoff, Bobby Van, and more.

We've learned about this release from an Amazon pre-order listing, which gives us a February 12th street date for this in-store title. Unfortunately it also gives us an obviously wrong price, too, as this HAS to be a typo! As of this writing the list price on display at Amazon is $243.97 SRP...yeah, there's got to be an extra digit in there. Probably just a slip of the finger by whoever input the data. We'll follow up with you when we get a correct price, package art, and other details about this long-awaited release. Stay tuned!

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Hardy-Boys-Nancy-Drew-Mysteries-Season-3/17726#ixzz2Bm4lCVVS
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Sleuth

$243.97 definitely must be a typo! :o I don't know a whole lot about the show, but that is interesting info about the number of episodes and all. :) A friend owns the first and second seasons on DVD and we watched them. :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

tomswift2002

Well, when the DVD set is released, it'll be nearly six years since Season 2 came out.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on November 11, 2012, 05:36:42 AM
Well, when the DVD set is released, it'll be nearly six years since Season 2 came out.

My friend who has the Season 1 and 2 DVDs got them more recently than that, then we found out there was a third season and we were surprised it wasn't already available yet, but figured they would release it before long. :) Are you looking forward to it? :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

MacGyver

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm kinda excited about this release.) :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I have waited hopefully and expectantly for years now and it will be awesome to FINALLY have Season 3 of this show officially available on DVD. The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries will be complete on DVD at last!
And now we can definitely add the 3rd. Season to our reviews for the TV Show/Media Club. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on November 12, 2012, 06:31:26 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm kinda excited about this release.) :) 8)

Lol, MacGyver, knowing how much you love the 1970s TV series, I figured you'd be excited, but maybe I was wrong to think that, lol. ;) ;D

MacGyver

AlwaysAJoefan

Wooooot!!! So hoping that I'll be able to pre-order it. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Sleuth

AlwaysAJoefan

Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

I'm sure that's just a typo...In fact, it's on sale at Amazon.com now for a much more reasonable price of $17.48 :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Lol, I knew it had to be a typo, but I had to tease! ;D

tomswift2002

Yeah the SRP is $24.97, and the street date is February 12,2013.

MacGyver

We'll probably find out for sure what all this release will have soon enough anyway, but are there any extras you'd like to see included on the Season 3 DVD release? Shout! Factory is usually pretty good on getting good extras on its DVD releases.