Top Ten Casefiles

Started by NZone, July 17, 2008, 03:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

No I didn't miss any, but I've got Deep Trouble[ /i] listed at both 83 and 114.  Man, I must really hate the book to double list it when I meant 83 for it.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

So which are you missing?

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 17, 2008, 07:58:58 PM
Notes:

While I included Time Bomb since I feel that it is indeed a part of a Casefiles, I did not include The Alien Factor because, while I view it as a prologue to the Ring of Evil-Dead of Night it does not specifically mention any events from that case nor do any books mention any details of the events in TAF,  However, if I had put it on the list, TAF would've been in the Top 5.

Also I did not include any Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88 books based on the explanation for The Alien Factor.

Also, I did not include The Crisscross Crime, for while it was originally meant as Casefile 130, it appeared as Digest 150.  Had I listed it, it would've been in the Top 30.

And remember, I think the topic starter meant Top Ten in the Casefiles series not in the continuity, although while we are at it...what are your top ten Casefiles continuity books?

tomswift2002

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on July 17, 2008, 08:45:10 PM
So which are you missing?

And remember, I think the topic starter meant Top Ten in the Casefiles series not in the continuity, although while we are at it...what are your top ten Casefiles continuity books?

My top ten are there.  Just take from 1-7 individually. (1-6 if you include Time Bomb) 

And I'm missing none but when I did the math I kept coming up with 128 books in a 127 volume series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Okay, yeah, I say the last number (121) and added six for the trilogies, not noticing that 121 was a tie with two books.

tomswift2002

I guess you must know how I feel about the trilogies.  Operation Phoenix is at #1 (with its epilogue) and Ring of Evil is at #77 with its epilogue at #3 (#5 individually).

NZone

I noticed you had Bro vs Bro at 32, I think a lot of other fans would rank that one higher, what didnt you like about that one?
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SDLagent

It's in my top ten, as you can see, but I thought they could of done a better job with somethings - namely the ending!

NZone

I liked the showdown at the police station, but the author tried to end the book real quick
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SDLagent

I liked that, too, but I thought they could have added on some pages after that. I mean Joe loosing his memory is a pretty big thing, and he just suddenly seems to be fine and Frank and Joe don't even talk about what happened, the book just ends to soon.

Bigfootman

10. Double Exposure
9. Blood Relations
8. Line Of Fire
7. Too Many Traitors
6. Dead In The Water
5. Criss Cross Crime (Hey, it was going to be a casefile!)
4. Countdown To Terror
3. Dead On Target
2. Absoulute Zero
1. The Borderline Case

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Bigfootman

11 would be Collsion Course.

Most Recent Post:

Bigfootman

Opps, and number 12 would be Bad chemistry
My top 3 least favrote:
3. Mission Myhem
2. Shock Jock
1. Deadman In Deadwood

Most Recent Post:

Bigfootman

If I had read some of the fan favorotes lite the Opration Phnox Triogy my list would be longer. Ps. Sorry I have to change the list around a bit.
10. Collsion Course
9. Bad Chemistry
8. Line Of Fire
7. Too Many Traitors
6. Dead In The Water
5. Criss Cross Crime (Hey, it was going to be a casefile!)
4. Countdown To Terror
3. Dead On Target
2. Absoulute Zero
1. The Borderline Case

That's I may add Final Cut if it's any good.

Most Recent Post:

SDLagent

Wow a lot of high number Casefiles, and ''Absoulute Zero''! Have you not read many of the first ones or do you actually prefer the later ones?

Bigfootman

Didn't read a lot of the first ones, but even if I did, Absoulute Zero would still be one of my favs. Also a low number was my number 1.

I do plan to read Cult of Crime soon, so maybe that will get on my list.

Most Recent Post: