The Hardy Boys headed for the Wii

Started by tomswift2002, July 03, 2009, 09:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I was just reading Issue 244 of Nintendo Power this morning, when I was looking in the Game Watch Forecast and I noticed that, in Red (which means that this is the first month that it is listed), was "The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft".  The publisher was listed as Dreamcatcher, with a release date of 2009.

As we know, "The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft" came to the PC last year, and was announced for a European release on the Wii.  Well, it looks like the Nintendo consoles are getting a second Hardy Boys game in 2009.

Note: gamefaqs.com is reporting that the game is suppose to hit sometime in the 3rd Quarter of 2009, meaning that it should be out in time for the Christmas rush.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

Hopefully they will fix the first level. I'm sick of being magicly caught by the Hardy's mom!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

I beat the first level on the first try. All you have to do it double click, once the get the keys.

tomswift2002

But the one thing that I found interesting about the listing is that the game is being published for the Wii by Dreamcatcher.  If you remember back to when Nancy Drew: White Wolf Of Icicle Creek was released on the Wii, The Adventure Company (a subsidiary of Dreamcatcher) licensed the game to Sega to publish for the Wii.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

003Robin457

I would love to have the game on Wii, but I don't need to waste my money on a second copy.

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

Amazon.ca is now listing The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft for the Wii, plus have a picture of the front cover with a release date of September 1, 2009 attached.

http://www.amazon.ca/Hardy-Boys-Hidden-Theft/dp/B00275B3ZC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1247340018&sr=1-3

tomswift2002

I just checked Amazon.com.  They've got the same title listed, except that it looks like the US will have to wait another 2 weeks to see the game on the Wii, since Amazon.com lists the game as being released on September 15, 2009.

http://www.amazon.com/Hardy-Boys-Hidden-Theft-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B00275B3ZC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1247340257&sr=1-4

SDLagent

I also notice, that the Wii box doesn't mention Nancy Drew.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on July 11, 2009, 04:05:15 PM
I also notice, that the Wii box doesn't mention Nancy Drew.

Well, considering that Nancy Drew wasn't much of a guest star, it is sort of curious why the PC box mentioned here in the first place, since you never saw Nancy in the game, you just heard her over the phone.

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."