Break-Up, Hardy Boys New Casefile #2

Started by SkyWarp, August 05, 2010, 12:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 11, 2010, 05:17:26 PM
Frank and Joe are a tad different in Season 3. I have to rewatch the 90s series to comment on that one. It's a rainy/snowy day...maybe I will go do that. :)

But anyways, Frank and Joe were less of a team in the last series. I felt like they went off on their own more. They were mainly together but worked solo more often. At least that's how it felt to me. Not sure why that was. Maybe it was trying to show them growing up?

I think they were just trying to change things up. Kind of backfired, I guess.

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 11, 2010, 05:17:26 PMAs for the GN plotline, I am super excited. Of course I don't want them to hate each other or be permanently separated, BUT it's different. It's taking the stories, their relationship, etc to a whole new level. It's not safe to say yet if it will be done correctly and fans will embrace it. However, I am really looking forward to finding out.

Btw, does anyone know how the books are going to line up?

Book 1- Crawling with Zombies
Book 2 Break up
Book 3- With ND or a whole different title?

Also, in a fight between Frank and Joe...who are you going to root for?

I don't think the third title will be a crossover but I could be wrong. Maybe it'll be a two-part crossover. That would be a first!

hardygirl847

If it's not a crossover that means HBs will have a separate Book 3? And ND's third book happens to be the crossover?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Yeah, I think so. This is book three of the Nancy Drew series.

hardygirl847

Hmm, interesting. Definitely one way to make me buy a ND GN. Oh well. I will do it for the boys.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

Whoa- definitely sounds pretty interesting. But I hope this thing doesn't last too long- I honestly don't like seeing Frank and Joe at odds like that.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

JoeHardyRocks

I think Joe could definetly beat Frank up though ;D
"Thank you, Joe."

MacGyver

Hmmm- I don't know. Frank has some great martial arts training though.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

JoeHardyRocks

Well whevener Joe goes crazy in the Casefiles books, it always says that Frank knew he couldn't stop him......
"Thank you, Joe."

MacGyver

True. I'm not sure if Frank and Joe are portrayed exactly the same in the Undercover Brothers continuity though- I think Frank and Joe are both portrayed as being about equally strong and athletic... - but Joe has always had that wild, impetuous side that seems to give him a little extra energy sometimes.

JoeHardyRocks

When Frank is thinking clearly, he probably could beat Joe up... But if Joe was angry, well, he usually lets his emotions get the better of him and he'd probably just become this mindless person...

I want Joe to beat Frank ;D
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on January 27, 2011, 02:57:05 PM
Well whevener Joe goes crazy in the Casefiles books, it always says that Frank knew he couldn't stop him......

Well, in Brother Against Brother Joe had the element of surprise on his side. Plus, he thought Frank was killer so he was fighting like his life depended on it. Frank, on the other hand, was not.

hardygirl847

OMGOSH I am SOOO glad I just pre-ordered my copy the other day!! I keep checking sites but didn't come across that. Thanks for sharing!

The only thing is....fighting over whose fault it is could be a normal brotherly thing to do. That's not totally crazy of a concept. Going under the assumption that they are at odds for more than just that, it does sound like a bad thing.

But I blamed my little sister all the time but usually after she blamed me first. lol

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on January 27, 2011, 02:57:05 PM

Have they actually come to blows or is it just with the criminals?  ???