TV show episode discussion club?

Started by MacGyver, November 08, 2011, 07:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Hey - I was just thinking about this. As sort of a leap off from the Book Club Discussion threads, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing something similar for the various media appearances of The Hardy Boys.
Due to the limited availability of some items, I realize the discussion might also have to be limited to certain things.
For instance, The Mystery of the Applegate Treasure serial from The Mickey Mouse Club has been released to DVD, whereas The Mystery of the Ghost Farm has not. (Though I hope it still will be at some point.) The 1967 pilot, The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of the Chinese Junk has not been released to DVD yet either and I would still love to see whatever studio has the rights to it to do an official release for this. The Hardy Boys cartoon series has not been released to DVD and I would love to see that come to DVD as well. Seasons 1 and 2 of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries have been released to DVD, but Season 3 still has not been released yet. (And I still want to see that released as well.) The 1995 The Hardy Boys series has been released to DVD.
(I know this is primarily a Hardy Boys site, but since Nancy Drew has made many crossover appearances with The Hardys and is their "literary sister", I would be fine with including Nancy's other solo appearances as well- which would include the 1930s movies- Nancy Drew...Detective, Nancy Drew, Reporter, Nancy Drew, Troubleshooter, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase and the 2007 movie, Nancy Drew. And then there is also a 2002 Nancy Drew TV-movie. And the 1995 Nancy Drew TV series. And for that matter, since The Hardy Boys have also crossed over with Tom Swift, who could be considered a "literary brother", we could also include the 1983 pilot, The Tom Swift and Linda Craig Mystery Hour. But herein we also have the problem of both this pilot and the 2002 Nancy Drew pilot not being released to DVD yet.)
          So anyway, I would say it would be easiest to stick with The Mystery of the Applegate Treasure from The Mickey Mouse Club, The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries (at least Seasons 1-2 anyway) and The Hardy Boys ('90s series).
Just an idea- I don't know what would be a good timeframe for this or if anyone else would be interested. Maybe we could at least have a dedicated thread for each series though and then just go through each episode from there?....
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

AlwaysAJoefan

Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

Cool! Would you prefer an actual viewing schedule for the month or more of just a dedicated thread which would systematically go through each series?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on November 08, 2011, 08:22:59 PM
Cool! Would you prefer an actual viewing schedule for the month or more of just a dedicated thread which would systematically go through each series?

Viewing schedule :)

MacGyver

okay- I'll have to ruminate on it more and let some others weigh in... we'll see how it goes. (If it works out though, it will give me a great excuse to go through and rewatch all The Hardy Boys shows, etc. that I have access to again. Not that I need one- lol. ;D)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on November 08, 2011, 09:29:25 PM
okay- I'll have to ruminate on it more and let some others weigh in... we'll see how it goes. (If it works out though, it will give me a great excuse to go through and rewatch all The Hardy Boys shows, etc. that I have access to again. Not that I need one- lol. ;D )

Sounds like me. I haven't watched them in while and now can have an excuse to. :) 8)

MacGyver

okay- one other question. Assuming we go forward with this, would this be something that would be easier and/or better to start fresh next year or do you all want to try to dive in right away? I figured with Thanksgiving (in America anyway) coming up and then Christmas (and Hannukah for any Jewish members we may have on here or Kwanzaa for any...um, Kwanzaaians... ;D) - there will be a lot going on and it may be hard to keep up with. On the other hand, a lot of folks may also have some free time being on break from school and/or work for those holidays, so it could be kinda good timing too...
  Maybe we can work on a schedule for discussion for next year and get started watching stuff in preparation during any of the down time we may have in the next few weeks...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on November 09, 2011, 12:39:10 PM
okay- one other question. Assuming we go forward with this, would this be something that would be easier and/or better to start fresh next year or do you all want to try to dive in right away? I figured with Thanksgiving (in America anyway) coming up and then Christmas (and Hannukah for any Jewish members we may have on here or Kwanzaa for any...um, Kwanzaaians... ;D) - there will be a lot going on and it may be hard to keep up with. On the other hand, a lot of folks may also have some free time being on break from school and/or work for those holidays, so it could be kinda good timing too...
  Maybe we can work on a schedule for discussion for next year and get started watching stuff in preparation during any of the down time we may have in the next few weeks...

Dive in straight away. 8) You're in change, right?   

MacGyver

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on November 09, 2011, 02:27:15 PM
Uh, I guess...lol ;D

We can call you "Master MacGyver" or "Big Mac". Which do you like? ;D ;D

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on November 09, 2011, 03:31:25 PM
We can call you "Master MacGyver" or "Big Mac". Which do you like? ;D ;D

Good one. ;D

MacGyver

lol- um, let's just stick with MacGyver or Mac. ;D

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on November 09, 2011, 10:03:00 PM

All right. ;D So any idea when this might start? Just what I need. more time on this site. 8)

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on November 09, 2011, 10:03:00 PM

Aw, you take the fun out of everything. ;) ;D