The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q

Well, I'm not into the Clues Brothers, the older (and the newer one, for that matter)HB/ND supermysteries, or the original unrevised versions of the Blue Spines. I'm also not in the mood to read any revised versions either. I also not much for discuss books or events.

Mattie

SDLagent

Quote from: Q on August 20, 2010, 04:48:36 PM
Well, I'm not into the Clues Brothers, the older (and the newer one, for that matter)HB/ND supermysteries, or the original unrevised versions of the Blue Spines. I'm also not in the mood to read any revised versions either. I also not much for discuss books or events.

Which unrevised books have you read.

Quote from: Mattielvsu on August 20, 2010, 11:32:18 PM
was it a girl

No, I can safely say it was not a girl. In the early Hardy Boys women don't exist outside the kitchen. And girls don't exist outside the dance floor.

Q

Quote from: SDLagent on August 21, 2010, 12:19:58 AM

No, I can safely say it was not a girl. In the early Hardy Boys women don't exist outside the kitchen. And girls don't exist outside the dance floor.
None, as I said, I'm not interested.

And he is right, it's a guy.

SDLagent

Quote from: Q on August 21, 2010, 02:11:03 PM
None, as I said, I'm not interested.

Original texts are almost always better than the revised texts. You should try them.

hardygirl847

Off topic a little...Q...what is your fave HB book then? If you aren't into all of those?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Q

Quote from: SDLagent on August 21, 2010, 07:25:36 PM
Original texts are almost always better than the revised texts. You should try them.
What makes it better?

Quote from: hardygirl847 on August 21, 2010, 11:30:52 PM
Off topic a little...Q...what is your fave HB book then? If you aren't into all of those?
I don't have a favorite HB of all time but I like most Casefiles, Undercover Brothers, Graphic Novels, and revised Blue Spines. I also read some Digests.

tomswift2002

Quote from: Q on August 22, 2010, 07:22:41 AM
What makes it better?

Well with the original texts you have stories that are anywhere from 22 to 25 chapters long, with about 220 pages, which is far more room than a 160-170 page book with 20 chapters.

Plus, you haven't read a Hardy Boys book until you've read the Canadian editions by Leslie McFarlane.  (Especially his version of The Melted Coins.)
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Mattie

Quote from: SDLagent on August 21, 2010, 12:19:58 AM

Well It's true, but they were kinda sexist.

SDLagent

Quote from: Q on August 22, 2010, 07:22:41 AM
What makes it better?

They have more interesting characters and better continuity. Plus, they're funnier. And they're the original.

Back to the question. Q, is it Torchy Murks?

MacGyver

I think you got it, SDLAgent. I pored through the book the other day and saw that and figured it had to be it- just haven't been here to post it.
And just real quick on the subject of The Hardy Boys- I love all the books. They're all good. (I will say that I enjoy some series better than others- but for the most part, I can find something to enjoy from all of them.) :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Q

SDL is right.

And I don't hate any series and I do read some. I just am not into it. I've read five of the older HB/ND and three of the newer and I went back and looked at my originals and I own one that has twenty-five chapters. I guess I have read an unrevised original.

SDLagent

Will post a question later?

Quote from: Q on August 24, 2010, 05:32:59 AM
SDL is right.

And I don't hate any series and I do read some. I just am not into it. I've read five of the older HB/ND and three of the newer and I went back and looked at my originals and I own one that has twenty-five chapters. I guess I have read an unrevised original.

Which one?

Mattie

Anyone think they can answer this one- In which Casefile is the Gray Man hunted as a double agent by the Network?

Q