The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

LOL Mac....I don't know why but I totally did not get that when I read it before. NOW I do. lol Yes, I was a fan...it's just been a LONG time.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Sorry- I can't resist on these things. I'm a huge fan of my '80s sitcoms- mainly the shows I grew up with as a child- I still love watching them in reruns today- and I generally are better up on them than most current shows- lol ;D

Let's see- other possibilities- Hazel, Alice, Mrs. Garrett, Adelaide, Pearl, Mr. Belvedere, Geoffrey, Nell, Florence, Karen, and of course- Charles! ;D

Okay- for real, it's "Elizabeth or sometimes just Eliza."
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 23, 2011, 02:10:44 PM
What is the name of Alena's housekeeper in Night of the Werewolf?

Pocahontas.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Mac,

That's cool. I haven't seen that on reruns in years though. :)

Sorry your names were not correct.

Tomswift...you got it.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Ah- okay. I was kidding around with that list of names- but I was serious on that last one. And technically it is correct too, but I'll concede to tomswift2002 on this.
[Although being a TV fan in general, I couldn't resist throwing out some other famous TV housekeepers, after getting the ball rolling with Tony Micelli on Who's The Boss? ;D)
For the record- the others were- Hazel (from Hazel), Alice (from The Brady Bunch), Mrs. Garrett (from Diff'rent Strokes and The Facts of Life- though she was only a housekeeper on the first show), Adelaide and Pearl (both of these ladies were the later housekeepers on Diff'rent Strokes after Mrs. Garrett went to work at Eastland), Mr. Belvedere (from Mr. Belvedere), Geoffrey (from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air), Nell (from Gimme A Break!), Florence (from The Jeffersons and the short-lived spin-off, Checking In- though she wasn't a housekeeper on that show), Karen (from a couple of classic Season 3 episodes of Family Ties), and of course- Charles! (My good friend Charles from Charles in Charge of course.) ;D 8)]

Anyway- back to the question at hand. "Elizabeth or sometimes just Eliza" was a serious answer though and it was a direct quote from page 30 of Night of the Werewolf- however, I forgot that I have a later Minstrel printing of the book. In the original Wanderer printing, the housekeeper is called Pocahontas and in both she is identified as half Mohawk Indian. Apparently, the name was changed to Elizabeth in later printings, due to people complained about Pocahontas being offensive- I guess a racial stereotype or something along those lines. Anyway- I was thrown for a while on that until I remembered reading this on The Hardy Boys wiki and there you go.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I actually thought that you'd call it a tie, since the 2005 Grosset & Dunlap version uses the original Wanderer (1979-1986) text (Pocahontas), but the Minstrel texts all use the altered text (Elizabeth, 1987-1996, or whenever the Minstrel book hit the out of print lists).

Anyway, trivia question.

Which Uncle of Callie's is in an industry that deals with trees?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

QuoteI actually thought that you'd call it a tie, since the 2005 Grosset & Dunlap version uses the original Wanderer (1979-1986) text (Pocahontas),
Okay- I was actually wondering about that. Thanks for the clarification.

As to the current question, I'm pretty sure I actually do know this one offhand, but I think I'll give someone else a chance to answer first. :)

hardygirl847

Oops! Sorry for the confusion there. I didn't realize there were two names that could be correct. :(

As for the new question...is this from a Casefiles?

tomswift2002

hardygirl847

As I was looking at my Casefiles collection, I picked up Deadfall and sure enough...I was right! Stan Shaw is the answer.

MacGyver

Okay- depending on how technical Tom is going to be about the wording of his question, I think there are also two names to this question that could be correct.

hardygirl847

Oh no...not again. lol Well, if you have the other right answer, I will definitely give the question to you. I just did one or two recently. :)

MacGyver

Well, when I first saw the question I immediately thought of Adam Shaw in Pure Evil, who also works in an industry that deals with trees because he harvest maple syrup from them. Though technically, the book says Adam is Callie's great-uncle.
Judging by the number of smilies on Tom's last post- I'm guessing he set this up as a trick question. ;)

hardygirl847

That darn Tomswift!!! lol

Well, if he accepts your answer, have a new one ready because YOU'RE doing it. :D

MacGyver

okay- I'll think of something. :D