operation phoenix

Started by Kerin, July 02, 2007, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerin

Anybidy read the operatoin phoenix books?
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

SDLagent

I haven?t read them, but I rely, rely, rely, rely, rely, rely, won?t to!  My library doesn?t have them >:( :-[ :( :'(, so I look for them at every used book store I go to!

Kerin

It took me awile to find them too.I read the first one without noticing it was part of a set,when I got to the end it let off with a big cliffhanger.After that I went crazy looking for them.I finaly found them,and finished them.They were rely good.You could try looking for them on the internet,like on Amazon .com,they have lots of Hardy boys book there.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

tomswift2002

Operation Phoenix, boy that was the Casefiles Best of Both Worlds.  But that trilogy is also considered by many to be the last of the Casefiles that Simon & Schuster cared about, and the beginning of the new Casefiles that ran more like Digests.  I remember reading Operation Phoenix for the first time in 1995.  The Keys Public School Library had most of the Casefiles series, and I was in Grade 5 when I first read No Mercy.  I remember asking myself what was going on and not liking the story, and returning the book, and then a few weeks later, checking out Endangered Species, and not liking the story all that much at the beginning, but by the end I was wanting more.  Sad part is, by the time I got around to getting those volumes (1998), Endangered Species and The Phoenix Equation had gone out-of-print, so I was only able to get No Mercy, but then in 2001 I found the other two volumes in the local used bookstore. 

But one volume that you should also consider as an epilogue to the Phoenix mini-series is A Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thriller: Time Bomb.  The story in that book takes place about two weeks after Phoenix and actually has references to the Hardy's father being killed.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Kerin

you should also consider as an epilogue to the Phoenix mini-series is A Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thriller: Time Bomb

I'll have too see if I can find it,it sounds good.Thanks. ;D

tomswift2002

Both Time Bomb and the follow up Hardy Boys/Tom Swift Ultra Thriller The Alien Factor are rare, since each book only went through one printing before being discontinued.  Time Bomb went out of print in June of 1996 (I remember that because I tried to order the book in June 96, and at first it was still in print, but then I got a call around the 15th of the month from the bookstore and was told that S&S had just declared the book out-of-print a day before), The Alien Factor went out of print during August 1998.  My mother had tried to get it for my birthday in April of that year, but the book had been backordered, and then in August, she got a call saying that S&S had put it out of print.  So, the books are rare, but they are really good books. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

tomswift2002

I forgot to mention this, but while the book doesn't mention anything, the second Hardy Boys/Tom Swift Ultra Thriller, in my opinion, is a prequel to the Ring Of Evil trilogy from the summer of 1993.  I'm saying that because the book was published in June of 1993, the same month as Ring of Evil #1, so I'm guessing that S&S was trying to have a story that led into the series, just like Time Bomb led out.

tomswift2002

I just want to clarify on thing about my earlier posts.  I already have the two Ultra Thrillers.  I was just posting that info about the books being very hard to find for other people who are looking for the books.  I also posted the dates the books went out-of-print so that people would know that it has been over ten years to just under ten years since the books went out-of-print.

SkyWarp

Anything tom swift related appears tough to find for me. 

tomswift2002

Agreed. Tom Swift is one of the most highly-desired book series in history.  I recall that back in 2000 I was in a bookstore in Winnipeg, and I found a copy of Tom Swift And His Electric Hydrolung and Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Supermystery: Shock Waves, and I asked the owner if he had any more Tom Swift, and he told me that he didn't, but that he had just had a bus driver come in that morning with a Tom Swift under his arm, and when the owner asked if the driver wanted to sell it, the driver said "No" right away.
But, also with the Ultra Thrillers, there are a couple of markets out there.  The Tom Swift Market, Hardy Boys Market, Time Travel market and the Sci-FI market, possible more.  So there are probably a lot of people who would want the two books for different reasons.

Kerin

You could try finding the Tom Swift books on the internet.Thats how I get alot of my books,I go pick out two or three books my mom ordes them and I pay her back by doing extra chores that she usally pays me for.Thats how I get most of my books,we don't have that many bookstores around here.

Centrion

I found Time Bomb for 25 cents at my library. I only read Alien Factor once, and it isn't in any libraries. I did read the Phoienx trilogy, except for the 2nd book, unfortunately.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

003Robin457

I ordered OP #1 and OP #2 off Amazon and found OP #3 in a used books store. And I also allready have HB/TS Time Bomb. 8) That's My Christmas Break Reading.

SDLagent

Bigfootman

I read the first and second book and got the first book for chistmas! Looking for the third....

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?