Casefiles 4 The Lazarus Plot

Started by CalvinKnox, November 20, 2017, 03:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalvinKnox

I just started re-reading the Casefiles series (the ones I have).  I read book 4 and noticed that there is a fair bit of talk about Joe buying old cars and working on them.  He had a 1950s station wagon that they took to Maine, and they bought a Buick to get back to Bayport after Frank II and Joe II stole the station wagon.  Does this character trait of Joe ever get mentioned in later stories? I don't remember the station wagon ever appearing in later Casefiles (but I have only read about 50% of them in my life).  I also found that there was something wrong with the two French Canadian Assassins, they didn't seem nearly as fanatical as the Assassins in book 1, and they were taken alive.

tomswift2002

The two French Canadians were mercenaries hired by the Assassins; they were not true Assassins.

As for Joe's car thing, he does work on the van, but the old cars are never mentioned after "The Lazarus Plot".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Not true Assassins? How's that work? ???

MacGyver

It's just as he said- they were hired by the Assassins to do some dirty work, but they didn't actually belong to them. It's just like how some businesses contract cleaning companies to clean their buildings. They work for the business in a sense, but they aren't really employees of the business but rather the cleaning company.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

CalvinKnox

Yes that makes sense.  It mentioned that they had a terror job to do up in Quebec so maybe they were supposed to be FLQ members, although that group died by the 70s after they kidnapped and murdered a politician.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: CalvinKnox on November 23, 2017, 01:29:44 PM
Yes that makes sense.  It mentioned that they had a terror job to do up in Quebec so maybe they were supposed to be FLQ members, although that group died by the 70s after they kidnapped and murdered a politician.

What's FLQ?

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca