Haunted

Started by Lola, August 05, 2008, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on August 21, 2008, 09:33:03 PM
Doesn't seem very many people have read ''Haunted''...

It's still sitting in my "Too Read" pile.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

bozonessinc

Good book, But I think the Murder House Trilogy is better, though I would really like to see the end of the trilogy, why do they put it to come out september 30th, and put the books cover on the site for preorder, does that not mean that they already wrote it. Why not put it out now?

003Robin457

They have books written way in advence so if they are running behind then they dont have to worry since comething else is already comming out to keep fans happy.

Olivia

Yeah, and even if they don't I think they still have the main premise and cover art down so that's all that matters when they're announcing it.

tomswift2002

Of course, this summer, S&S has been very illogical and confusing.  Who in their right mind would schedule a completely different book to be released in the middle of a 3-part trilogy?  They probably knew that the 3 trilogy books were individual stories, but still that doesn't make any sense with Haunted.  Plus, Haunted is listed as the 24th book in the regular series, essentially part 3 of the trilogy.  So, are we going to see the 3rd part of the trilogy as a Super Mystery?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Yes, a very confusing summer, first we find out there will be a trilogy...after reading the first two books in this "trilogy" we learn it is not a trilogy just three books which have "Book X in the Murder House Trilogy'' printed on the cover. To make matters worse a total stand alone Ghost Story of some sort is published right in the middle of the trilogy and we are uncertain if this book is #24 in one series or #3 in another or maybe it doesn't belong to a series at all? Maybe this is a trilogy in four parts.

tomswift2002

...with the Hardy's jetting off to do a TV special on Ghosts?  Maybe Most Haunted from England asked them to join them on their searches.

SDLagent

...and what's the second trilogy called ''Double Trouble'' or ''Double Danger''?

003Robin457

I think its Double Danger, Double Troble would be so cheesey though! :D

bozonessinc

There are many authors who go as Franklin W. Dixon Right? So, haunted could have a different author then the Murder House Trilogy, so one author came out with Haunted while we were waiting for the end of the murder house trilogy. Though, I still dont get the release date. Its probably because we were all left in suspense after House Arrest and were aching for a new hardy boys book to read, and haunted just shows up to keep us until murder house!

tomswift2002

Somehow I doubt that, considering that the series is already gasping for life.  Plus, it seems like the two Murder House books that are out now were written by two completely different authors from a lame story outline that has been used to death in the series. 

I don't think anyone else was "aching" for a new book in the series.  I think that we are all "aching" for the series to come to its miserable end.

bozonessinc

See I am waiting for the next book, I may like a different type of reading then you!!!

SDLagent

Even most UB fans don't like Murder House!

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on August 30, 2008, 03:36:13 PM
Even most UB fans don't like Murder House!

Since it just three non-sensical stories strung together in a rhyme! (Paraphrase of a line Odo said in the Deep Space Nine episode For The Uniform)

hardy boys fan

i read haunte and i liked it but it was not scary i would give it a
8/10
Hey!............. Ohhhhh