#18 Pushed

Started by Sam Spade, July 23, 2007, 12:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

In Wanted on pg. 50 there is a news story, and the news story describes the thefts of a couple of motorcycles and a dunebuggy from the "Jersey Shore". 

Of course, in "Rocky Road", it says that for the Hardy's to get from Bayport to Niagra Falls, New York, it is 9 hours from Bayport (pg. 26 Aunt Gertrude), and that the Hardy's would be on the New York State Thruway, then on pg. 42 it says that they rode through the heart of New York State, and on pg. 61 it says that Canton, Ohio is almost 600 miles away. 

Maybe Bayport is one of those cities where it is on the border of a state/province-country, like Niagra Falls (Ontario-Canada, New York-United States) and Kansas City (Kansas, Missouri), so it is Bayport (New York, New Jersey) that the boys live in.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

Quote from: tomswift2002 on December 03, 2007, 07:49:54 PM
In Wanted on pg. 50 there is a news story, and the news story describes the thefts of a couple of motorcycles and a dunebuggy from the "Jersey Shore". 

Of course, in "Rocky Road", it says that for the Hardy's to get from Bayport to Niagra Falls, New York, it is 9 hours from Bayport (pg. 26 Aunt Gertrude), and that the Hardy's would be on the New York State Thruway, then on pg. 42 it says that they rode through the heart of New York State, and on pg. 61 it says that Canton, Ohio is almost 600 miles away. 

Maybe Bayport is one of those cities where it is on the border of a state/province-country, like Niagra Falls (Ontario-Canada, New York-United States) and Kansas City (Kansas, Missouri), so it is Bayport (New York, New Jersey) that the boys live in.

Yeah, good point! It seems likely.

HB@1718

If you check the website for The Hidden Theft, somewhere it says that there is a Bayport in Long Island, New York.

SDLagent

Yeah, that's where the real-world Bayport is.

HB@1718

So, maybe that's where the HBs live.

JoeHardyRocks

The HBs live in Bayport.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

HB@1718

But it always seems like the Bayport city changes. In the 1970s TV series, they lived in Massachusetts. And from what I've read in the hardback series, it sounded like they lived in New York.

tomswift2002

I know that in the Original series Bayport seems to be in either New York or the states above and below New York. 

In the Casefiles and Digests Bayport seems to be in New York state for sure.

With the Undercover Brothers books some people believe that Bayport is like Niagra Falls.  There is a Niagra Falls in Ontario, Canada, and right across from that Niagra, in the US there is Niagra Falls, New York, US.  And then there is also Kansas City, Kansas, and Kansas City, Missouri.  So could there be a Bayport, New York, US, and a Bayport, New Jersey, US?

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

HB@1718

Maybe. Question is which one?

SDLagent

I most of the books (Originals, Digests, and Casefiles) it seems Bayport is in New York. I always go the must common version, when there's a continuity problem.

FrankJoeATAC

I always thought Bayport was in New York.

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

...in your humble opinion.

JoeHardyRocks

Where do you think it is then? ::)
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

Well, it depends what book you read, but I always had it in my mind that Bayport was in NJ.