Terror on Tour

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 07, 2007, 02:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Terror on Tour

Lots of running around at first and it didn?t look like the book was going anywhere. But the climax was really good!  Frank used his head (but Joe doesn?t) and came up with a really good plan to stop the bad guys. The whole thing with Frank taking ear plugs to the rock concert and not wanting Joe to now was really funny. :D I can?t believe they made Joe?s favorite band pretend to commit suicide >:(, Joe doesn?t like that sort of thing!  Ned didn?t have thing to do with the story the only point in him has to give Nancy and her friends a change to get to the concert and get back stage.  It isn?t that good but you don?t want the first book in the series to be the best, right?  Three and a half stars, out of five.

It looks like the books in this series will came out yearly, I was hoping that they would came out more often than that.  Dose any body now if a 2nd book has been announced yet?

Olivia

Just finished the book a couple days ago. Not bad...my only criticism was the exaggeration of Frank's character, but perhaps he's like that in every UB book.

For example, I don't like how angry he was when he found that ATAC was revealed to Nancy and her friends. However, now that I look back on it, it was justified in a sense. Just in the book it seemed very extreme. So extreme that I got a bit annoyed.

Another minor detail (that you, in turn, mentioned) was that there was a bit too much running around. I guess that's reasonable, though, especially on the concert grounds - realistically they would have to go all over like that.

:)

Olivia

Forgot a few things ;D Don't mind me.

I was a bit miffed at the Nancy/Joe undertone that they hinted at. I mean, I know it was mostly Joe that seemed interested in Nancy, but it felt a strange. I don't know if the writers are going to continue that undertone, or if it was just Joe being Joe (i.e. liking girls as normal) and if it wasn't anything more. I remember in the other SuperMysteries that there was an undertone between Frank and Nancy that I really liked.

Something else I wanted to bring up was that I like how they brought Ned in (even though it was just brief instances) and how the Hardys accepted him. I don't know, I always felt like Ned and the Brothers would have a, I don't know, shaky relationship? Probably just my imagination or how I picture them.

I liked the role of Bess and George, especially how they helped out at the end; it felt exactly right. I also like George's sarcasm/dry humour (i.e. toward Joe).

And, yeah, that band "death" idea was pretty, um, pretty something ::)

SDLagent

Quote from: oliviatocali on August 08, 2007, 09:12:52 PM
Just finished the book a couple days ago. Not bad...my only criticism was the exaggeration of Frank's character, but perhaps he's like that in every UB book.

For example, I don't like how angry he was when he found that ATAC was revealed to Nancy and her friends. However, now that I look back on it, it was justified in a sense. Just in the book it seemed very extreme. So extreme that I got a bit annoyed.

He?s not like that in most of the UBs. :)

Olivia

Quote from: SDLagent on August 09, 2007, 07:21:38 PM
He?s not like that in most of the UBs. :)

Okay, didn't think so ;)

Centrion

I loved the earplugs and Joe getting mad at Frank bit. I wish Nancy had alreaady known about ATAC, but this makes the series interesting. Not a bad book.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

White Eagle

A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

Centrion

Yeah, Frank's character was just a bit over emphisized.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: SDLagent on July 07, 2007, 02:52:01 PM
Terror on Tour
Dose any body now if a 2nd book has been announced yet?

They already have a second book out. It's called Danger Overseas. There is a third one coming out, too. It's called Club Dread. I can't wait 2 read it! ;D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

That question was asked in 2007, before there was a book two.

JoeHardyRocks

Oh, I don't really read the dates on it.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Bigfootman

I rushed to the book store almost the same day it came out, and I was dissapointed. I wish the book was like the old SMs. And good greif, will the Hardy's ever get a break for ATAC? On the rare times they do, the case has to do somehow with ATAC, or the whine about gadgets.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

hardygirl847

I realize this thread is out of date but oh well....

I just read Terror on Tour and hmm...

Pros:
-Frank and Joe are funny! Since its in first person it makes it even more hilarious to read how they feel about each other and how they poke fun without the other knowing it.

-It did have a plot ...when they finally got around to it.

-Nancy did NOT steal the show which is great.

-Frank's idea saves the day

-They act more like teenagers and have less "wow that was great timing" situations. They still have some though...

-Frank actually makes a few jokes!

Cons...
-It took awhile for the plot to unravel

-Dierdre was super annoying (but I guess that was supposed to be that way)

-Joe liked Nancy a little too much. lol

-There was significantly less action or "in harms way" type of situations.

-Frank is characterized a little too seriously where as Joe is way too carefree.

-They didn't act as mature as in the Casefiles.

All in all, I enjoyed the read. I don't like when Nancy takes over a story with all three of them and she didn't. It was easy to follow for the most part, and had some great humor!

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 12, 2010, 12:53:56 AM
-Joe liked Nancy a little too much. lol

If you ask me, it's not out of character.

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 12, 2010, 12:53:56 AM

-They didn't act as mature as in the Casefiles.

In the Undercover Brothes the boys aren't as mature as they are in the Original continuity or the Casefile continuity even though they are suppose to be the same age as in the previous continuities.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca