Another "3 book story-arc"

Started by Bigfootman, August 16, 2010, 12:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q

So, other than Wanted, which one wasn't "bad"?

SDLagent

I liked the first three pretty good. Trouble in Paradise, Death and Diamonds, Murder at the Mall, and Comic Con Artist were good too. There's probably other that were but evidently they weren't very memorable.

Q

How come you never mention the ones you like?

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on August 21, 2010, 07:23:53 PM
I liked the first three pretty good.

I remember with the first 4 books when they came out in April 2005 I found that the odd numbers were good, while the even numbers were not up to the others.  But since Burned was released I've found the books have just stuck to the same formula where if its set at a reality show/something-Hollywood related, you can expect to have a celebrity trying to clean up their image, some sort of brat, a loud-mouther, and someone who is a bully; and you have all those characters reappearing with just their name changing from book to book, but you can tell that it is the same character from Bayport Buccanneers that's in the Murder House Trilogy, etc.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Quote from: Q on August 23, 2010, 01:27:29 PM
How come you never mention the ones you like?

I have but those books came-out a long time ago. Check-out my posts in the threads for the books I mentioned.

4567TME

"Three book story arcs"?
Give me a break! Why not just stick with:
TRILOGY

SDLagent

Well, they're hardly trilogies. Heck, they're hardly three book story-arcs. More like three stories with some recurring characters and locations.

Bigfootman

Quote from: Q on August 19, 2010, 05:08:18 AM
Then stop reading them completely. Just buy them and stick them on a shelf or in a box.
I will do that, when the books start appearing at the used book stores I go to. That way I can  get the books cheap and save some money.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

4567TME

Quote from: SDLagent on August 26, 2010, 07:21:13 PM
Well, they're hardly trilogies. Heck, they're hardly three book story-arcs. More like three stories with some recurring characters and locations.
Now that I think about it, that does seem true.

hardygirl847

lol SDLagent. To be fair, there were some lesser novels in the other series as well. *Gasp* A few Casefiles for instance...I am a Casefile FANATIC...so for me to say that....it must have been not so good. But that's how it is with all series.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Bigfootman

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on September 25, 2010, 05:19:20 PM
http://series.simonandschuster.com/Hardy-Boys-(All-New)-Undercover-Brothers
Appears that the first book in this story-arc will be called Movie Menace

Now this is intersting.  After the Lost Trilogy wraps up in January, then this Movie Trilogy won't start till May, 4 months later.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca