Double Trouble

Started by Lola, November 12, 2008, 08:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: whitetigers on December 07, 2008, 08:05:00 PM
No, it's not open 24/7. We close at 11pm and open up at 7am. We have to get the 100+ pallets off the floor by 7am before the customers arrive. They are building a new Wal~Mart and it will be a Super Center. I'm not looking forward to it. I like the smaller one. But we're not keeping this one. The good thing is it won't open till 2010. :)

Well I'm at a Wal-Mart that's open 24/7 for the month of December, but a lot of us at the store are thinking that it will probably be going 24/7 permanently starting in late-spring/early-summer 2009 since the store will be undergoing renovations next year to become a Super Center.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Beware! Wal-Mart is taking over the world!

whitetigers

Quote from: Santa Claus on December 09, 2008, 08:25:36 PM
Well I'm at a Wal-Mart that's open 24/7 for the month of December, but a lot of us at the store are thinking that it will probably be going 24/7 permanently starting in late-spring/early-summer 2009 since the store will be undergoing renovations next year to become a Super Center.
Oh you work at a Wal~Mart? Cool! What shift and what area? Why are they only going 24/7 in December?
We are having to do things differently to get us used to a Super Center. You don't have produce there do you?

Quote from: SDLagent on December 09, 2008, 11:07:04 PM
LOL! Seems like it when all you go there every blessed day!
Whitetigers

AussieIola

Quote from: SDLagent on December 09, 2008, 11:07:04 PM

lol. maybe just up there we have NO walmart down here! :o :P
Everything is connected to everything else

tomswift2002

Quote from: whitetigers on December 10, 2008, 01:32:35 AM
Oh you work at a Wal~Mart? Cool! What shift and what area? Why are they only going 24/7 in December?
We are having to do things differently to get us used to a Super Center. You don't have produce there do you?

We aren't a Super Center yet.  So we only have the regular food area.

As for the 24/7 in December:  Christmas rush.

And I'm usually there between Monday-Friday during the day.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

Umm, I really liked this one. I found it wayyy better written than TTWTD.

There are more things going on instead of having it be a dragged-out flat plot. There's a lot of normal things weaved in (them at school, using places in Bayport, socializing) and the "crime" stuff was believable. The characters are also more three-dimensional compared to other books, not to mention there is very good character interaction.

The only two glaring things to me (skipping over any tiny mistakes) was that the motives/means/suspects was a little ridiculous and the "stalker" thing at the end was anti-climatic.

Otherwise, I genuinely liked it. Count me as one of the odd ones out. But at least some of us enjoyed it.

ETA: I also really liked the humour consistently - as in, I liked almost all of it throughout.

003Robin457

So would you say its da'bomb?

Olivia

Okay...if you prefer that I express it that way.

It's "da bomb".

BTW, is it me or did Frank and Joe interrupt each other's chapters more often in this one compared to other UBs?

And (spoiler): Why did that leader guy vandalize the car while Frank and Joe were in the garage? He didn't know they were there at first?

Frank rules

What kind of spoiler is that supposd to be?  ???

SDLagent

003Robin457

It gives away part of the story so its a spoiler.

----       ------           _____                                 ___       -------------   _______                   -----     ___________________       =====================     --------------       ______       -------              ______________               --------------    ____    ----____ ----  _________                              _______      ---------    ===========                ------------      _____________                                                                                                                                   I'm Boared. :-\

SDLagent

003Robin457

Olivia

Quote from: Frank rules on February 25, 2009, 10:38:14 PM
What kind of spoiler is that supposd to be?  ???

It gives away one of the crimes and who the bad guy is.

4567TME

Double Trouble was a good start to the Double Danger trilogy