The boys in pop culture

Started by SDLagent, December 07, 2009, 11:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I found a book (The Hardly Boys: The Mystery of the Golden Goblet by Tom Cherones) that is apparently a parody of The Hardy Boys- this sounds about like what we might expect from that The Hardy Men movie if it ever gets made.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

It's been well established at various times on The Simpsons that Lisa Simpson is a fan of Nancy Drew; apparently her father, Homer, is a fan of The Hardy Boys as well.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Just last night I was watching the news and one of the stories had a legal expert talking in front of a bookcase.  One of the shelves appeared to have quite a few of the 1962-1987 PC books.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Cool! Always fun to see The Hardy Boys books pop up unexpectedly. :) 8)

MacGyver

Found this online at random-

MacGyver

I just saw this today over at The Unoffical Hardy Boys Homepage. Nice article about a new TV show (True Detective) that did some mashup Hardy Boys originals covers.

MacGyver

"The Mosby Boys" on How I Met Your Mother- pretty sure this is a reference to The Hardy Boys. ;D

MacGyver

Cool fan drawing of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew- and it's at least somewhat based on or inspired by The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries show's depiction as well. :) 8)

MacGyver

Mad Magazine did a parody of The Hardy Boys in its April 2014 issue.

MacGyver

While The Clock Ticked must be the most spoofed Hardy Boys cover ever.

Judah-Ben-Hur

In the Supernatural season 8, episode titled 'As Time Goes Bye' a flashback to the past shows a boys bedroom from the 1940s. Aparently he's quite a Hardy Boys fan since the books are everywhere---though they used the blue spined picture covers instead of the period acurate brown or yellow spined volumes.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

Oh well- I always appreciate a reference wherever I can get it- even if it isn't actually accurate to the time (though that is unfortunate.)

tomswift2002

I was just reading The Nancy Drew Files Case 4: Smile And Say Murder on page 52 one of Nancy's suspects mentions that he's been reading thriller novels since he started to read the Hardy Boys in grade school.  (The book was published in October 1986, before the Casefiles, so this kind of screws up the in-series continuity between the Nancy Drew Files, Hardy Boys Casefiles, Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys SuperMysteries & Tom Swift series, or I guess it could lend credence to the Hardy's being known by an ulta-secret government agency.  Of course  this mention of the Hardy's being in books within the series contradicts what is said in The Hardy Boys Casefiles #100 True Thriller where the boys find it amusing that someone would want to write a book about them).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Wow- that's a neat reference. I didn't realize the Nancy Drew Files books made mention of The Hardy Boys (and in this case, as a book series.) Interesting.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

They mentioned Nancy Drew in the UB book series #7, though....