UB Hardy Boys: Double Deception

Started by SDLagent, June 16, 2008, 01:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Double Deception, book three in the upcoming Double Danger Trilogy and 27 in the Undercover Brothers series, has officially been announced for a March 10, 2009 release on SimonSays.com

SDLagent

The cover of the final book in the Double Danger Trilogy, ''Double Deception'' has been revealed at SimonSays.com.

It's strange that this cover has been released before ''Murder House'' and ''Double Down'' both of which will be published before this title. What is even stranger according to this cover the trilogy is called ''Double Danger'' while according to the cover of ''Double Trouble'' the trilogy is ''Double Trouble.

Sam Spade

WHERE ARE ALL OF THE PAINTINGS!!!!?? >:(
The Original Series had paintings, the Digests had paintings, the casefiles had paintings, WHERE ARE THE PAINTINGS FOR THE UB'S!

Sorry for the rant... ;D
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

tomswift2002

Uh...did the Hardy's become rockers all of a sudden, since that cover has got to be the most HIDEOUS to date.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Quote from: Sam Spade on July 02, 2008, 06:37:01 PM
WHERE ARE ALL OF THE PAINTINGS!!!!?? >:(
The Original Series had paintings, the Digests had paintings, the casefiles had paintings, WHERE ARE THE PAINTINGS FOR THE UB'S!

Sorry for the rant... ;D

Sadly this seems to be the case with almost all new books these days, some books still do have paintings on the cover but photos or graphics is definitely the trend for book covers right now. To bad Craig Phillips didn't get contracted to do the Undercover Brothers after Tom Swift was canceled.

By the way does any one now what happened to Brain Kotzky after his last Casefiles cover? I can't find any thing about him on the Internet.

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 02, 2008, 07:55:51 PM
Uh...did the Hardy's become rockers all of a sudden, since that cover has got to be the most HIDEOUS to date.

Agreed, Joe looks like a total punk and Frank looks like he is going to tip over. Also I think they get different models for this one (I was wondering how long they could keep the first pair). I'm not going to complain to much though, after all we all wanted to see the boys on the covers again, did we not?

SkyWarp

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on July 02, 2008, 08:04:57 PM
Sadly this seems to be the case with almost all new books these days, some books still do have paintings on the cover but photos or graphics is definitely the trend for book covers right now....

By the way does any one now what happened to Brain Kotzky after his last Casefiles cover? I can't find any thing about him on the Internet....

Photograph covers are cheaper to produce, especially when talking about stock photography which is what they definitely used before the recent real people photographs.  Even still, photo covers are probably still much cheaper to produce than artwork today.  At least good artwork. 

As for Kotzky, I have been wondering the same thing.  I have made a few attempts to do some searches, but each time I keep coming up empty.  If he were still around, I would definitely like to see a cover from him for a book as suggested in the imaginary 25th anniversary book thread. 

Centrion

Frank looks almost dead; he's pretty stiff. Joe's at weird angles, too. I agree with Tom, my least favorite cover ever.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

And the picture doesn't exactly get across what type of story it is.  Neither does the title. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

NZone

actually the pic is of a couple of thugs in a police lineup (jk)
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Sam Spade

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 03, 2008, 11:59:15 AM
And the picture doesn't exactly get across what type of story it is.  Neither does the title.

Yeah, it's just the boys on top of the roof mugging the camera.
It makes no sense at all...
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

tomswift2002

It would be a good cover if it was for a music CD, but not a HB.

FrankJoeATAC

EWWWWW!!!!!! The "Hardy Boys" on the cover are SERIOUSLY NOT GOOD! I wish they would stop making trilogys. I like the regular kind better.

NZone

I found Kotsky! I think. An Alex Kotzky wrote a comic strip entitled Apartment 3-G, this was continued by his son Brian, who is an artist, sounds like him, until Brian retired in 2000 to teach. He was an alumnus from Albany University in 1974. I dont know if he teaches there, but that would be my guess
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SkyWarp

Quote from: negative_zone on July 05, 2008, 06:53:17 PM
I found Kotsky! I think. An Alex Kotzky wrote a comic strip entitled Apartment 3-G, this was continued by his son Brian, who is an artist, sounds like him, until Brian retired in 2000 to teach. He was an alumnus from Albany University in 1974. I dont know if he teaches there, but that would be my guess

I knew about the 3-G comic strip.  I was not aware of the teaching part.

Centrion

Too bad he wouldn't do a cover, just to show us what the Covers are really lacking. Maybe a special edition? Oh, well, guess since he retired...
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe