Hardy Halloween Costumes

Started by hardygirl847, September 30, 2010, 11:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

So I'm working on a possible short story revolving around some Halloween themes. I asked my husband for some ideas. Costumes were one of the topics. Now, my husband has a weird sense of humor and wasn't really helping. He also doesn't know or appreciate Frank and Joe like we do. So...I thought I would come on here and raise this question to fellow fans.

I am interested in what you think would be a good costume for both boys. AND I am also interested in knowing what you think would fit their personality and/or a costume that would be ironic or clash with their personalities. I haven't decided if I want to go humorous or more serious with the tone. So both would help out a lot.

For instance, my husband came up with several strange ones...Harry Potter with Indiana Jones and Sherlock Holmes with Columbo were just two of his ideas.

If you REALLY want, you can add what you think Callie and Vanessa would wear too. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

JoeHardyRocks

I can totally see them as cowboys LOL...
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

I was thinking maybe you wanted ideas on how to dress as The Hardy Boys for Halloween, in which case I would direct you here.
http://hardyboys.bobfinnan.com/hbom.htm ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

NancyDrew

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on October 01, 2010, 10:32:58 AM
I can totally see them as cowboys LOL...

Me too. Especially after the one graphic novel. hehe I know there were a few Halloweens where they actually dressed up but one was pretty lame if I remember correctly. lol

hardygirl847

Cowboys would be funny.

Quote from: MacGyver on October 01, 2010, 11:10:06 AM
I was thinking maybe you wanted ideas on how to dress as The Hardy Boys for Halloween, in which case I would direct you here.
http://hardyboys.bobfinnan.com/hbom.htm ;D

No, lol. I have no interest in dressing up as them. hehe Thanks anyways though. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Olivia

Umm...Bert and Ernie?

Ha ha, sorry, I just happen to be looking through a Halloween Costume Catalog today and there's actually those costumes with masks. It looks freakishly accurate.

Alright, I don't know how good of an idea this is, but how about something classic? Like Frank as Sherlock Holmes or Joe as James Dean - somewhere along those lines.

A couple photo examples of an easy, popular JD look is here and here.

Just suggestions to help get the brainstorming going!

hardygirl847

Thanks!!

I fear, however, that this brainstorm has calmed down. I still have to finish a different story so I really don't have time to work on this one. Maybe for next year....now that I have some ideas. :)

JoeHardyRocks

Oh, they could go as hippies too... ;D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

hardygirl847

Hippies? I can kinda see that. I was thinking more of Frank as Batman and Joe as an 80s rockstar with long hair. LOL Also, it would have been Joe who chose the outfits...and Frank had no say! haha

Oh and with Batman's mask being so restricting, an Adam West costume would work too...It might allow for better head movement.

Olivia

Quote from: hardygirl847 on October 18, 2010, 02:09:15 PM
I was thinking more of Frank as Batman and Joe as an 80s rockstar with long hair. LOL Also, it would have been Joe who chose the outfits...and Frank had no say! haha

See, you don't need us! That's great :D

hardygirl847

Olivia,

So I could have saved all that time and just wrote that??? LOL Well it's too late now...but like I said...maybe next time. :)