Why have the UBs not been canceled yet?

Started by Hardy Man, September 27, 2009, 02:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

I hope they don't make it too diffferent... I can totally see $ & $ turning them into punk teenagers and making them annoying :P
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

JoeHardyRocks

Not as bad as they could... They still have the Hardy Boys charm and good manners and stuff now.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

Well, for the most part I guess...except that now The Hardys get a lot more "slangy" in their speech and use foul language every now and then....
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on January 18, 2012, 11:44:37 AM
Didn't they just do that?

Pretty much. Except they were teenagers trying to be punk. Or act like they were from the 90s or something.

Olivia

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on January 18, 2012, 11:24:07 AM
I hope they don't make it too diffferent... I can totally see $ & $ turning them into punk teenagers and making them annoying :P

Ha, forgot about that. $&$.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on January 18, 2012, 03:30:44 PM
Well, for the most part I guess...except that now The Hardys get a lot more "slangy" in their speech and use foul language every now and then....

They used foul language in the Casefiles. ::)

SDLagent

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Katie on January 19, 2012, 04:27:52 PM
They used foul language in the Casefiles. ::)

I don't recall any actual cussing except for stuff like "Joe swore softly."

Quote from: Katie on January 19, 2012, 04:43:34 PM
Yeah. ::)

Not everyone considers that a swear word, though.
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on January 19, 2012, 04:44:10 PM
I don't recall any actual cussing except for stuff like "Joe swore softly."

Yeah, you have a point. ;)

MacGyver

I think maybe one time I can recall did they have this- and that was in Dead on Target when Joe was trying to get past Frank to save Iola from the burning car. But they never had any actual swear words written out- I'd prefer they didn't even have lines like "Joe swore softly", etc. - but it's good in some ways for kids to see such scenes if they also see that cursing and swearing are not good language and should not be used.
      But they certainly don't need words spelled out as they appear in the UB books and treated as if they are normal parts of conversation. Because if they are for some people- they shouldn't be.

hardy boys fan

Do they have any books scheduled after the Deathstalker Trilogy
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

Bigfootman

Quote from: hardy boys fan on April 16, 2013, 04:18:27 PM
Nope, the Undercover Brothers series has been cancelled.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: hardy boys fan on April 16, 2013, 04:18:27 PM

You might like the new series, Hardy Boys Adventures, it has some good stuff and is in 1st person, also. :) There are two so far, Secret of the Red Arrow and Mystery of the Phantom Heist. :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)