Favorite episodes of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries ('70s)

Started by MacGyver, February 17, 2011, 08:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite episode(s) of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries?

The Mystery of the Haunted House
2 (18.2%)
The Mystery of Pirate's Cove
2 (18.2%)
The Mystery of Witches' Hollow
3 (27.3%)
The Mystery of the Diamond Triangle
2 (18.2%)
The Disappearing Floor
3 (27.3%)
The Secret of the Whispering Walls
1 (9.1%)
The Flickering Torch Mystery
2 (18.2%)
A Haunting We Will Go
2 (18.2%)
The Mystery of the Flying Courier
3 (27.3%)
The Mystery of the Fallen Angels
1 (9.1%)
Wipe Out
2 (18.2%)
The Mystery of the Ghostwriter's Cruise
2 (18.2%)
The Secret of the Jade Kwan Yin
4 (36.4%)
The Mystery of the Solid Gold Kicker
1 (9.1%)
The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula (Part 1)
4 (36.4%)
The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula (Part 2)
4 (36.4%)
The Mystery of King Tut's Tomb
2 (18.2%)
The Mystery of the Hollywood Phantom (Part 1)
5 (45.5%)
The Mystery of the Hollywood Phantom (Part 2)
5 (45.5%)
The Mystery of the African Safari
2 (18.2%)
The Creatures Who Came on Sunday
4 (36.4%)
The Strange Fate of Flight 608
2 (18.2%)
Acapulco Spies
3 (27.3%)
Nancy Drew's Love Match
1 (9.1%)
The Mystery of the Silent Scream
3 (27.3%)
Will the Real Santa Claus...?
1 (9.1%)
The Lady on Thursday at Ten
3 (27.3%)
Oh Say Can You Sing
2 (18.2%)
The House on Possessed Hill
2 (18.2%)
Sole Survivor
5 (45.5%)
Voodoo Doll (Part 1)
3 (27.3%)
Voodoo Doll (Part 2)
3 (27.3%)
Mystery of the Avalanche Express
3 (27.3%)
Death Surf
2 (18.2%)
Arson & Old Lace
3 (27.3%)
Campus Terror
1 (9.1%)
Last Kiss of Summer (Part 1)
1 (9.1%)
Last Kiss of Summer (Part 2)
1 (9.1%)
Assault on the Tower
1 (9.1%)
Search for Atlantis
2 (18.2%)
Dangerous Waters
1 (9.1%)
Scorpion's Sting
2 (18.2%)
Defection to Paradise (Part 1)
1 (9.1%)
Defection to Paradise (Part 2)
1 (9.1%)
Game Plan
3 (27.3%)
Life on the Line
1 (9.1%)
I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!! (And I just can't pick a favorite) :-)
7 (63.6%)
I like Season One best
2 (18.2%)
I like Season Two best
4 (36.4%)
I like Season Three best
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

WAIT....The Lady on Thursday at Ten has BOTH HBs and ND?? How did I miss this?!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 22, 2011, 12:44:37 PM
WAIT....The Lady on Thursday at Ten has BOTH HBs and ND?? How did I miss this?!

I can't figure out why I keep thinking it either just ND or HB? :-\

MacGyver

No. I'm pretty sure Olivia just put that by mistake- The Lady on Thursday at Ten is strictly Nancy Drew. It's the last solo episode for Nancy Drew in the series and the last to feature Pamela Sue Martin in the title role.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 22, 2011, 05:53:14 PM
No. I'm pretty sure Olivia just put that by mistake- The Lady on Thursday at Ten is strictly Nancy Drew. It's the last solo episode for Nancy Drew in the series and the last to feature Pamela Sue Martin in the title role.

Thanks. Wow, I thought I was going crazy! :)

Olivia

Quote from: MacGyver on February 22, 2011, 05:53:14 PM

Sorry, everyone! Went and corrected it.

Mrs. Nick Jonas

Sole Survivor would have to be my favorite! It has a very interesting plot, the case becomes personal for the Hardy's, & there's lots of Joe peril in it! Too bad that Frank wasn't very emotional.

I'd like to know other people's thoughts on the episode.
"I don't pray because it changes God, I pray because it changes me". ~ C.S. Lewis

tomswift2002

With Sole Survivor I found that it was really interesting that the writers and producers had seperated Frank and Joe not just physically, but emotionally, since you had both thinking that the other was dead (and in Joe's case that his dad was dead as well) and that he was the only Hardy left. 

But then I also enjoyed Sole Survivor for the guest appearance of Diana Muldaur who had appeared in the Star Trek episodes Return to Tomorrow and Is There In Truth No Beauty? (as two different doctors), and who would go on to play Dr. Katherine Pulaski in the second Season of Star Trek The Next Generation.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yeah- Diana Muldaur did a great job in that episode. And I definitely remember her best as Dr. Katherine Pulaski on Star Trek: The Next Generation. :D

MacGyver

But as to the Sole Survivor episode itself, I thought the storyline was really interesting and definitely pretty intense for the first time viewers. That was such an interesting twist to have Joe and Frank separated and each thinking the other was dead- and particularly the whole thing with Joe waking up to find out that he had apparently been in a coma for a year... all of those elements, along with Joe trying to find the truth in that episode- made for very interesting and entertaining viewing. 8)

Mrs. Nick Jonas

Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 27, 2011, 09:39:15 AM
With Sole Survivor I found that it was really interesting that the writers and producers had seperated Frank and Joe not just physically, but emotionally, since you had both thinking that the other was dead (and in Joe's case that his dad was dead as well) and that he was the only Hardy left. 

I love how you put that!!

I'm glad that others enjoyed that episode as much as I did! The 70's show is actually what got me into the HBs. Over a year ago, my mom was flipping through the channels and suddenly exclaimed, "The Hardy Boys! I used to watch this show!" So of course, we all had to watch it. I thought that it was pretty awesome, and after watching a few more episodes over a few weeks I figured that it was about time to check out the books. Ever since then, I haven't been able to get enough of the Hardy Boys!
"I don't pray because it changes God, I pray because it changes me". ~ C.S. Lewis

MacGyver

Cool! It's neat to know that the Hardy Boys TV shows (at least the '70s one anyway) have helped bring in new fans of the books. :) 8)