2011 Book Club Schedule Sign Up

Started by hardygirl847, November 14, 2010, 11:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

We had a Secret Files book back in September? October?  That's the closes to an Undercover Brothers book that I can think of.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Quote from: Captain Santa Claus on January 07, 2011, 04:32:40 PM
Also looks like a year where people don't want to discuss anything in the Undercover Brothers continuity.

Yeah no one even mentioned one. They don't tend to get the best reviews. Anything new coming out will be discussed separately anyways. I was going to mention Break Up for a book club discussion but decided against it because it will already be talked about to great lengths in March.

Quote from: Captain Santa Claus on January 07, 2011, 04:55:46 PM
We had a Secret Files book back in September? October?  That's the closes to an Undercover Brothers book that I can think of.

Yeah we did Trouble at the Arcade. I think they're cute stories but are less popular than say the Originals or Casefiles. I'm not opposed to any discussion but I know we try to pick things that most people have or have at least read once.

Not everyone can order the ones they don't have online like I do. I'm bad...don't tell the hubby!  ;D To clarify, I am not bragging at all. I don't want anyone to feel like they have to do that either. It's something I choose to do. That's all. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Maybe eventually we can at least do Extreme Danger, since that's the first one in The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers series.
It would be good to at least give it some mention and do some comparison with the Original 58 books (Original Text and Revised Text), the Digests, and the Casefiles and Supermysteries, etc.
(But I do wish they could've gotten a better subtitle name for this series- every time I hear it, I can't help but think of this really stupid movie from 2002- (Undercover Brother) (http://www.amazon.com/Undercover-Brother-Widescreen-Collectors-Griffin/dp/B000071ZZJ/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1294505135&sr=1-1)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Ugh I know what movie you're talking about. I think of that sometimes too. And it's not really a good thing. lol

I wouldn't mind at least doing the first one for comparison. I don't think I have that one but that doesn't mean I don't know how to find it. :) I'm soo bad. hehe
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Looks like the boys are headed for a Wipeout in February 2011.  I remember that I've read the book a couple of times years ago, and I seem to recall finding that it was okay.  I'll have to re-read it.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardygirl847

Yeah....I think I did a reminder in the wrong thread. Oops!!

I'm excited to read it and see how it compares to the episode with Parker and Shaun. :)

tomswift2002

As I recall there's surfing and that's about it, since the episode took place on one of the Hawaiian islands, whereas I think the book is set on the Mediterranean.

hardygirl847

oh really? That stinks but that's okay too. I'm still looking forward to it.

MacGyver

I think #40 in The Hardy Boys Casefiles, Fright Wave, might be a closer comparison. I know that one is set in Hawaii and it definitely involves surfing as well.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Well darn. I guess we won't be comparing them very much. I'm going to finish it over the weekend...maybe even today. And then start the thread. :)

MacGyver

Well, you can still make comparsions of course. They just may not be as close as you might have thought at first.

hardygirl847

hardygirl847

Just a friendly reminder that AlwaysaJoeFan will be leading us in our March discussion of The Genius Thieves (one of my faves!)!!

Feb. is a short month so I thought I'd put it out there early. :)

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I don't have that one! :o
What am I gonna do? :-\