Eric Carmen has passed away

Started by tomswift2002, March 12, 2024, 07:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I just saw on the news that 1970's hit maker, Eric Carmen died yesterday.  His Hardy Boys connection is that he wrote Shaun Cassidy's #1 hit "That's Rock 'N' Roll" )"(from Cassidy's self-titled album) that was featured on the 1977-1979 The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.  Shaun Cassidy also recorded "Hey Deanie" for his second 1977 album, "Born Late" and the song was also featured in the show as well.  Both songs were included on Cassidy's 1979 "Shaun Cassidy Live" album.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 12, 2024, 07:28:32 AMI just saw on the news that 1970's hit maker, Eric Carmen died yesterday.  His Hardy Boys connection is that he wrote Shaun Cassidy's #1 hit "That's Rock 'N' Roll" )"(from Cassidy's self-titled album) that was featured on the 1977-1979 The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.  Shaun Cassidy also recorded "Hey Deanie" for his second 1977 album, "Born Late" and the song was also featured in the show as well.  Both songs were included on Cassidy's 1979 "Shaun Cassidy Live" album.
Yes- sad news indeed. :(  I saw Shaun Cassidy post a nice tribute to Eric Carmen on his Facebook page. I pray God brings comfort to Mr. Carmen's family and friends. I watched "The Mystery of the Flying Courier" of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries last night in tribute.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"